GEN 2 Gibson instal vid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought it.

Ships this week.

I hope it doesn't drone.

OP
OP
Mapleman

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From who ? How much? Not sure if I like the massive tips. Def would want black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cjponyparts. I got black. The tips are a bit ridiculous... little bit of fart can mentality there but magnaflow is no different and I'm not interested in Ford Performance rebranded Borla exhausts.

The Gibson claim is 15-20 ponies and 30lb*ft of torque. Now that guys are tearing into the exhaust they are finding areas of reduction to 2.5 inches and choked off stock ford mufflers. Ford tried to play games with the harmonics to improve the ecoboost sound and it ate up some power in the process.

For 20 ponies I can live with the tips

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have just the Gibson muffler and I have a feeling this system is going to be loud! They dropped the resonator which might be the difference between a street truck and one that will wake your neighbors under light throttle.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny. I have a gibson cat back on my 4Runner. And they ship the exact same tips for that one too.

It's a good exhaust. But drones.

Supertuner700

Reaction score
Cjponyparts. I got black. The tips are a bit ridiculous... little bit of fart can mentality there but magnaflow is no different and I'm not interested in Ford Performance rebranded Borla exhausts.

The Gibson claim is 15-20 ponies and 30lb*ft of torque. Now that guys are tearing into the exhaust they are finding areas of reduction to 2.5 inches and choked off stock ford mufflers. Ford tried to play games with the harmonics to improve the ecoboost sound and it ate up some power in the process.

For 20 ponies I can live with the tips

I did the same last week just waiting for it to be shipped