Gibson exhaust, removed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Borla is by far the best sounding system so far! The S-Type wouldn't be too bad. I have no idea why these other companies put out systems that sound like ass and drone like a ****.

Its because most aftermarket exhaust companies dont understand engine frequency firing order and tuning a silencer for a vehicle. Corsa and Borla both have close ties with the OEMs, and have lots of engineering experience. Im excited to hear both of these systems in stock. I will not settle for a subpar low grade exhaust system though (poor bends, no heat shields around the spare tire, and incorrect weld wire/hanger rods used...these will rust out quick in the midwest)

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its because most aftermarket exhaust companies dont understand engine frequency firing order and tuning a silencer for a vehicle. Corsa and Borla both have close ties with the OEMs, and have lots of engineering experience. Im excited to hear both of these systems in stock. I will not settle for a subpar low grade exhaust system though (poor bends, no heat shields around the spare tire, and incorrect weld wire/hanger rods used...these will rust out quick in the midwest)

I don't think it's so much that they don't understand I just think the cheaper brands don't care enough. They just want to be first to market and hope to sell enough units to people who won't complain about the drone or just don't know any better. I heard the Corsa system and meh. I have a Corsa cat back on my 14' Chevy 1500 and it sounds great but the system for the 17' Raptor just sounds raspy as hell and doesn't sound much better than the cheaper brands.

I have a feeling the Borla or Ford Performance version will be the most successful. I'm really curious what the differences between Borla's and Ford's will be since they are almost the same system. I'm sure there will be subtle differences though.