Getting my first Raptor, need some advice on performance add ons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgiant

Reaction score
Wanting to do the basic upgrades like Tuner, Cold Air intake, Exhaust.
I see some of these are sold in kits and wondering if that is the way to go or with buying them separate.

What are the opinions on what are the best in each category I mentioned (IE: best tuner for the money)
Thanks in advance and very excited to post pics on here when I get it on Tuesday

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Sage makes a good point. Get used to it stock before tinkering with it too much. Take advantage of Raptor Assault and then make up your mind.

Raptor 3.5 stuff is just starting to hit the streets. I think we just saw the first downpipes released, and there are a few performance tuning type products out, but I don’t think there’s a full tune out yet.

RE the exhaust. I like the truck, it’s great, but be careful with exhaust. The motor doesn’t sound brilliant as it is. There have been a couple users here who’ve done exhaust and been less than happy. Stainless works has put out multiple sound clips of their downpipes / exhaust combos. We’re not going to make this thing sound like a v8, because it’s not.

check out the gen 2 3.5 engine subforum for more info.

King of cars

Reaction score
Well said As well a lot of the things for sale are not specific for the raptor. As we have seen the delay on AFE cold air intakes and majority of the intakes available as of now are for the F-150 more so the new gen 2 raptor. Exhaust wise I haven't seen much but would say the SW down pipe on stock exhaust sounds great. I have a borla type s on mine and it's aggressive when you step down on it. You want low key then this is not the system for you it's fairly loud on full throttle.

OP
OP
B

bgiant

Reaction score
Well said �� As well a lot of the things for sale are not specific for the raptor. As we have seen the delay on AFE cold air intakes and majority of the intakes available as of now are for the F-150 more so the new gen 2 raptor. Exhaust wise I haven't seen much but would say the SW down pipe on stock exhaust sounds great. I have a borla type s on mine and it's aggressive when you step down on it. You want low key then this is not the system for you it's fairly loud on full throttle.

Yeah i am not wanting it very loud more of slight upgrade to it instead

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Sage makes a good point. Get used to it stock before tinkering with it too much. Take advantage of Raptor Assault and then make up your mind.

Raptor 3.5 stuff is just starting to hit the streets. I think we just saw the first downpipes released, and there are a few performance tuning type products out, but I don’t think there’s a full tune out yet.

RE the exhaust. I like the truck, it’s great, but be careful with exhaust. The motor doesn’t sound brilliant as it is. There have been a couple users here who’ve done exhaust and been less than happy. Stainless works has put out multiple sound clips of their downpipes / exhaust combos. We’re not going to make this thing sound like a v8, because it’s not.

check out the gen 2 3.5 engine subforum for more info.

Just listened to their sound clips. You're correct it will never have that throaty V-8 growl to it. I thought the catback to factory sounded pretty good though