GEN 2 Gen 2 Raw exhaust Note

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not something to prevent me from buying one in a couple of years, but at the same time it's not a selling point of the truck lol.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
should have just made it quiet like the regular 3.5s. not a huge fan, though exhaust note is something i could really care less about anymore.

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should have just made it quiet like the regular 3.5s. not a huge fan, though exhaust note is something i could really care less about anymore.

I hear you. It'll never sound like a 6.2 but Ford likely didn't put much time into making it sound mean because most folks swapped out their exhausts in the Gen 1s. Either that or they really don't give a crap about how it sounds.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hear you. It'll never sound like a 6.2 but Ford likely didn't put much time into making it sound mean because most folks swapped out their exhausts in the Gen 1s. Either that or they really don't give a crap about how it sounds.

They put thought into the exhaust to make it louder since you cant even hear a regular stock ecoboost motor. They made an attempt but a turbo'ed 6cyc motor is hard to make sound mean no matter what you do.

Personally I wouldnt mind if it was quieter. Im not a fan of loud exhaust that drones out on the highway.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They put thought into the exhaust to make it louder since you cant even hear a regular stock ecoboost motor. They made an attempt but a turbo'ed 6cyc motor is hard to make sound mean no matter what you do.

Personally I wouldnt mind if it was quieter. Im not a fan of loud exhaust that drones out on the highway.

yup, i'm sure they were trying to make it sound better for those wanting /missing the V8 sound. quieter would have been cool since the sound of those turbos spooling could be heard pretty clearly. i'm sure someone around here will quiet it down just for kicks.