GEN 2 Gas Milage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
There are plenty of us that have run and do run 87 octane in the 2017 Rap. None have spontaneously disassembled or combusted.

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just drove my AV screw from New Mexico to Washington state (about 2000 miles ending up at about 9k total) and was shocked at the mileage. The first leg to Denver was slower speeds and tailwind and the indicated mpg was 20.1. I ended up at 19.1 with speeds varying from 65 to 85. I certainly don't expect to see that kind of mileage routinely but it's as good as I ever saw on my 2013 eco screw. I know, the indicated mileage may be artificially high and I didn't hand-calculate to check, because I don't really care. But wow!

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought a 70k truck... I don't give a shit about gas milage.

wow, I must drive way to fast, 13.2 city, all the time. best was 15.5 hiway@75mph.

I've only filled with Kalifornia's version of premium.

My MPGs never really sees 13 - usually 12 point something.

Of course I drive around town a lot and it's always in Sport Mode or Pedal Commander's Sport+

FOCK MPGs - if you're worried about MPGs get a cheap ass Prius and hog the left lane while doing 50 or 80 (the only 2 speeds Kalifornia Prius drivers seem to have).

On our road trip back home from picking it up we got much better mileage as it was almost all freeway driving. At 80-90 MPH :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

There are plenty of us that have run and do run 87 octane in the 2017 Rap. None have spontaneously disassembled or combusted.

7lp158ik1i.jpg

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve been known to run regular gas in my Raptor. You know what else?

I don’t run hollow points or match ammo through my belt fed. I could easily drop half the cost of a 2018 at a single machine gun shoot in ammo cost alone --just-- for belt fed practice, not including rifle work. I won’t, but I could and it would absolutely suck. I feel for the Ma Deuce shooters at several dollars per round. Better them than me.

So yeah, I’m a cheapskate.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "who cares about gas mileage , it's an $***,*** car" line always crack me up. You really can't understand why people like to get more for their money ? Wow, you must be Bill Gates rich bro!

Kind of like the people who say, " it's a truck, who cares about 1/4 mile times?". Some people like things that are different from what you like, I guess?

Here's another brain buster, I sometimes go places in the bush where premium gas isn't available and having the ability to run on 87 pump gas swill is awesome.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve been known to run regular gas in my Raptor. You know what else?

I don’t run hollow points or match ammo through my belt fed. I could easily drop half the cost of a 2018 at a single machine gun shoot in ammo cost alone --just-- for belt fed practice, not including rifle work. I won’t, but I could and it would absolutely suck. I feel for the Ma Deuce shooters at several dollars per round. Better them than me.

So yeah, I’m a cheapskate.

If you trust the guys at 5startune, their dino shows 416whp on 93 octane with a stock tune and 377whp on 87 octane with a stock tune.

Why did you spend all the money on a Raptor if you are going to run it in wimp mode? You should have bought the 2.7 and gotten 22mpg if fuel costs are important.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score

smurfslayer

Reaction score
If you trust the guys at 5startune, their dino shows 416whp on 93 octane with a stock tune and 377whp on 87 octane with a stock tune.

Why did you spend all the money on a Raptor if you are going to run it in wimp mode? You should have bought the 2.7 and gotten 22mpg if fuel costs are important.

BFYTW.

It’s my money, it’s my truck.

I saw 5star’s dyno charts previously and they’re intriguing but, unique. So far, they’re the only alleged back to back comparison dyno runs changing only the fuel. 1 doesn’t cut it as a statistical sample, but it could be indicative. I think if these results could be backed up with even half that difference it would worth the consideration, depending on your use case.