GEN 2 Full Race Turbo upgrade (January 2018 Release)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for $7500 you get piping and an intercooler? Price should be with the cheapest turbos then addon to the price for the more expensive units. Worst pricing combo ever.

those efrs are 2k$ EACH. I know I run them on my racecar.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

What...a....ripoff.

Headers, intercooler and OEM vendor snails. FYI Stock OEM snails are <$500. $4k for these bad boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

these are EFR's same turbos I run in my time attack car and about 4 times the price of the stock turbos EACH.

This forum is like a 2000s Honda forum....

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the engine seems to be holding 700hp right now but the transmission is the weak link. Those of you not familiar with the EFR's can message me or get their google on. The EFR is the pinnacle of turbo technology.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the engine seems to be holding 700hp right now but the transmission is the weak link. Those of you not familiar with the EFR's can message me or get their google on. The EFR is the pinnacle of turbo technology.

700 HP at the crank, 250 over stock
I kinda of find this hard to believe, I'm sorry
Do you have videos showing you on the dyno and then the dyno screen.
Have you any dyno numbers posted anywhere.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
700 HP at the crank, 250 over stock
I kinda of find this hard to believe, I'm sorry
Do you have videos showing you on the dyno and then the dyno screen.
Have you any dyno numbers posted anywhere.

its not my truck its the FullRace shop truck.

Also I don't understand the correspondence between stock HP and what the engine can make. Ive made over double stock HP in stock bottom end Chevy LS motors for years and years. Only changing pistons if E85 isn't available. Subaru guys have been almost tripling the HP of stock BRZ's since 2013. (the fa20 makes 200hp stock and has proven reliable at 450 for years on track) Toyota supras can double stock HP for over 100k miles on the stock bottom end of the 2JZ. And Nissan VR's are regularly raced and tracked at double stock HP on slicks. This isn't 1970 anymore engines are pretty robust now. Good fuel and a good tune go a long way on a turbo motor.

I'm not saying the EB is reliable at this level its still too soon to know. But its still together and still being tested.

Shit look at the Speed By Designs mustang GT that runs 9's on a stock bottom end. Technology has come a long way. Its still too early to say for sure but I predict we see reliable stock bottom end 600hp raptors regularly.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, the Ford GT's H.O. 3.5L is safely pushing 647HP at the crank.
I'm sure there is some wiggle room to push that higher. Not much talk about how much higher.
Keep in mind the GT's H.O. 3.5L is also probably around $25,000 to $35,000++ just for the engine alone vs. a $6,000 H.O. 3.5L in the Raptor.

And you are comparing high end cars with expensive engines and 4 cylinders with low HP to the EB H.O. 3.5L that's in the Raptor.
Also you are being unrealistic with comparing what an LS and a GT CobraJet engine can do against the EB in the Raptor.
Anyway if 700 HP can be done on a stock H.O. 3.5L Raptor engine that would be fantastic!!!

Wow I was just checking out Ford's website on the GT,
Check this out:
•Oil Capacity (with filter): 13.7 Quarts
•4-Stage External Dry Sump Oil Pump Lubrication

Last edited:

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not my truck its the FullRace shop truck.

Also I don't understand the correspondence between stock HP and what the engine can make. Ive made over double stock HP in stock bottom end Chevy LS motors for years and years. Only changing pistons if E85 isn't available. Subaru guys have been almost tripling the HP of stock BRZ's since 2013. (the fa20 makes 200hp stock and has proven reliable at 450 for years on track) Toyota supras can double stock HP for over 100k miles on the stock bottom end of the 2JZ. And Nissan VR's are regularly raced and tracked at double stock HP on slicks. This isn't 1970 anymore engines are pretty robust now. Good fuel and a good tune go a long way on a turbo motor.

I'm not saying the EB is reliable at this level its still too soon to know. But its still together and still being tested.

Shit look at the Speed By Designs mustang GT that runs 9's on a stock bottom end. Technology has come a long way. Its still too early to say for sure but I predict we see reliable stock bottom end 600hp raptors regularly.

You’re dealing with guys that are worried about their warranty. Pointless to educate them.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Screw the warranty, my Whipple was on two years into a 7 year/100,000 miles ESP warranty.
And I just purchased another bumper to bumper PremiumCare 5/50,000 $0 deductible warranty.
So far warranty work has cost more than the two warranties I've purchased.

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’re dealing with guys that are worried about their warranty. Pointless to educate them.

Half-assed analogies and speculation do not an education make.

And you're right. Nobody on this forum mods their truck. :ROFLJest: