Fuel System Cleaner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually put a fuel system cleaner in my gas tank after every oil change to clean the internal parts. Any remommendations for the 17 Raptor? I usually use STP but not sure if this will be sufficient with this new truck.

OP
OP
Corey77

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Siooss! Looks like you need 2 bottles for each time with the 36gal tank. I'll order some and give it a try

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sea foam as good as it gets and better than most. Really works good on ethanol crud in carbs

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sea foam as good as it gets and better than most. Really works good on ethanol crud in carbs

What's a carb? HA. You should see how so many of the young kid mechanics right out of trade school are lost when you talk about carburetors.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's a carb? HA. You should see how so many of the young kid mechanics right out of trade school are lost when you talk about carburetors.

Nothing better than a beer and carb tuning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

siooss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Siooss! Looks like you need 2 bottles for each time with the 36gal tank. I'll order some and give it a try

Check the ingredients in the product's SDS.
The active ingredients which help remove the deposits are chemicals known as Polyisobutene(PIB), Polyisobutylene Amine (PIBA) or Polyetheramine (PEA), with PEA being the most effective.

Amsoil P.i. contains PEA.

PIB removes water from system and keeps new deposits from forming. Does not remove existing deposits.

PIBA cleans the fuel system and removes any existing deposits. Requires less frequent applications than PIB cleaners.

PEA is the strongest cleaning agent available in fuel additives. It is more effective than both PIB and PIBA.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sea foam is isopropyl alcohol, pale oil and napha gas according to mds. Don't know how, but it works, gas or diesel in fuel. or oil if need be