Front license plate sucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badbowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really hope I'm not jinxing myself here....

TX requires me to have one but I have never had one on my last 5 vehicles and I have never got in trouble for it either.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
“Added benefit is that the dip should be harder for cameras and radar to read...”

Here I was thinking it was all cosmetic reasons why people don’t run front plates.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never run one, die roll here in CA. I have gotten 2 tickets while parked by meter maids for not having one though. Think it was 25 bucks a pop or something years ago.

Skyline

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just got a parking ticket the other day, and the meter maid threw on a no front plate ticket as well for about 40 bucks. Probably still won't run one though here in CA.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in TX too. Had my 13 raptor for 5 years. Been pulled over 3 times for it. Never ticketed. Just keep it in your glove box to show them and tell them you were working on the lights or bumper. Never heard anyone getting a ticket in TX for it.

nick71692

Reaction score
picked up the swarfworks one last week. While I do hate front plates, I dont want to give any reason to get pulled over anymore. I will say for a front plate mount, I am pretty sure you could hang a tank from this thing, its beefy.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The holes were already in the bumper from the factory.
Some of us on the forum plugged the holes with some 3/16" nylon hole plugs from Lowes, and painted them.

Hey Nassty, how did you mount your license plate? You just drill holes or buy a kit? It looks good.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Nassty, how did you mount your license plate? You just drill holes or buy a kit? It looks good.
I just drilled holes. I didn't like where the kits located the plate. I also bought a new lower grill/bumper pad assembly just so I have a mint one with no holes, just incase I need it someday.