FP Tune for Gen 2's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaptainInterwebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just talked to FP and they said it would be released late first quarter 2018. I thought I'd read somewhere around here that it would be Aug/Sep 2017? Womp womp wommmmmmmp.

:/

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well at least we know they are really testing this thing. So when it finally does come to market it should be solid.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well thats a bunch of crap. Been waiting for this for a while.

In fact a friend that works for FP called me back in March and asked if I'd do testing for them on the tunes. He told me the lead programmer had asked if he knew anyone that would be a good candidate for it. I've been involved with different forms of road racing for many years and spent several years working with Ford Racing FR500C, Boss 302R and Focus ST cars. Plus working here at the dealership I have access to all of the Ford diagnostic equipment.

So my friend emailed me the lead programmers info and said be patient, it takes him a while to reply. Well 5 months later he's yet to contact me. lol So obviously I'm out on the testing but I'm anxiously awaiting the tune since it's supposed to retain factory warranty. Early 18' may as well be another 6 months. Wonder what the delay is.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Obviously we can all only speculate, but one thing is for sure, it’s not an engine swap.

Remember all the QA they had to do for the original truck? Well, they have to retest and potentially re-certify with EPA and they have to ensure that the tune they deliver doesn’t cause any harm to the truck.

Since the hard parts are unchanged, they don’t have to QA every single item, but they will have to ensure it doesn’t ping/detonate under load, high and low temp, at altitude and all that jazz.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The FP tune for our Mustanf 5.0 came out about 2 years after promised so would not have high hopes for early '18 for Raptor.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I said this in the other FP Tune thread but, it's gonna be awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just go 5star tune and purchase the drivetrain warranty with it? I think I may go this route... eventually.

Red2alpha

Reaction score
They need to do R&D on the tune is my guess. Run the tune to full warranty mileage to ensure no issues that they would be repairing before 60k spirited driving.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just go 5star tune and purchase the drivetrain warranty with it? I think I may go this route... eventually.

Do you know if they will match a Ford ESP warranty length?

Never mind. Got off my ass and went to their site. I'm sure I would have been told to do so by one of you ******** anyway! : )

Last edited: