Ford Performance upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw this article - One-Off F-22 Ford F-150 Raptor Auctioned for Charity | News | Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

Could this be the Ford Performance upgrade that we are looking for?

Ford Performance and Ford design manager Melvin Betancourt boosted performance and added extra visual effects to draw the fighter-jet pairing closer. Thanks in large part to a Whipple intercooler, power from the Raptor’s 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6 increases from 450 to 545 horsepower. It also has suspension, wheel, and brake upgrades to make the already supercapable truck even more so.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i heard svt does some cool shit.

an inter cooler is not giving you 100 whp. some minor bolt ons with a decent dyno tuner, you will easily see those numbers on a twin turba motor.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
SVT does not exist anymore - all of this is coming from Ford Performance. This is a different team with a different direction than what SVT had.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will take this upgrade and the better brakes when ford does a update in a few years. I like my truck now, but more is even better right.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Correct - Ford Performance has a new engine coming for this application and that will make this truck a true, fun machine. I feel bad for these ecoboost buyers - they will be like the gen 1 Raptor 5.4 buyers.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Wait, you said that there would be a new motor as a 2017.5 MY.

It’s really starting to show now, that you are actually believing your own propaganda. This is a serious thing sasquatch77, it’s furthering you detachment from reality and shows that you are losing grasp on reality that the rest of the human population lives in.

Please, get psychiatric help. Fast.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
PPAP issues friend... that was the hold up. We didn't meet the June timeframe. It is well on its way though.