Ford Performance Touring Exhaust Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about how it compares under acceleration- and I referring to regular acceleration. My Borla S got real farty and raspy which I hated. Almost at times embarrassing how loud it got at mid acceleration over the 1.5k rpm band.

I took off the Borla-S Type and installed the Ford Performance Touring exhaust this morning. I thought I would share a few quick thoughts. The new exhaust with the painted black tips definitely looks better than the stock tips. There is no drone or annoying in cabin noise (depending what you want to call it) at +70 mph. As some have stated, it is a step above stock on the noise level and provides a more sporty sound. The S-Type did sound more throaty especially when you got into the throttle and it came alive. The FP version is way more tame. I will miss aspects of the S-Type but for daily driving the FP Touring is great. I couldn't stand the incabin noise at highway speed, which is 70% of my driving. S-Type is great Exhaust if it's qualities are what you are looking for.

I will be adding a CAI and a 5 Star tune shortly so it should pair nice with the new exhaust.

With all that said, let the continual exhaust argument continue!! Lol

CWBROWN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This exhaust doesn't have any of those snap, crackle and pop sounds through the midrange like the S-Type had. It's one constant sound. Since it is manufactured by Borla you can slightly hear some of the same faint tones. Overall it's really hard to compare the two. This one is very mellow in comparison.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guy....look what arrived this morning!

Got mine today.....couple holes, no damage, nothing hanging out of the box.....so that would be a thumbs up for UPS this time. :Big Laugh:

Attachments

• 20170809_190949.jpg
    20170809_190949.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 101

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out with the old....

I am a bit slow.....finally pulled off the OEM exhaust. While have it off, making sure to fix any minor rust I find....couple of small brackets is all I found so far. All-in-all pretty rust-free under the truck.

Attachments

• Old Muffler_1.jpg
    Old Muffler_1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Old Muffler_2.jpg
    Old Muffler_2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 96

jayhawk

Reaction score
ugh... six pages, no videos... and mostly Porsche talk lol.

So consensus is ... touring exhaust a good option, best out there? I know this will never sound like a gen1, but its faster, better looking, and the tech is excellent. I'd just like it to sound a bit meaner...drone is my enemy.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
ugh... six pages, no videos... and mostly Porsche talk lol.

So consensus is ... touring exhaust a good option, best out there? I know this will never sound like a gen1, but its faster, better looking, and the tech is excellent. I'd just like it to sound a bit meaner...drone is my enemy.

Borla is creating an ecoboost specific muffler design:
https://jalopnik.com/borla-is-making-exhaust-pipes-that-sing-1819911792

They are the only company acknowledging that the ecoboost needs its own muffler design. I am excited to see what they can do.

Quick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put the Ford Performance Sport on my truck and I like it. I *hate* drone or being obnoxiously loud and considered going for the touring, but decided anything from FP couldn't be too loud and opted for the sport instead. I literally just finished putting it on, but the test drive was great. Only loud when you step on it, and cruising around it's quiet enough. Overall I'm very happy with it. I would imagine the touring is just slightly quieter.

There's a video of the installation of the sport on youtube (from cjponyparts) which has a good representation of it running/driving around at the end. I think that's pretty accurate to what mine sounds like in person.