Ford Performance Touring Exhaust Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great review GUY!

Quick question though, is it true that one of the Touring or the Sport exhausts gives you +12hp because of the air free flow thing? Any torque gains? If not, honestly speaking, do you feel you made the right decision by spending 2,000 dollars for a "notch"?

Thank you Sir

That's what Borla says. Gibson claimed 16.
Borla said expect 15-20 lb*ft of torque.

I have a tune by 5 star, an AFE intake, and the FOMOCO Ford Performance by Borla exhaust.

No other changes. Sea level on a flat road with the 93 performance tune in AWD.... I consistently can run 4.9 second 0-60 times.

I haven't put it on a dyno but admittedly I live 20 minutes from one... I'm not sure it would help much though because I don't have any before or after baseline runs.

Do I think it's good for 12 ponies? I do. The stock exhaust is pretty bent up. I gained 1mpg as well.

Do I think the CAI is a good pairing with it and the tune.... absolutely.

I've gone as far as I'm planning on the performance mods though. No turbo adapters or down pipes or bigger turbos.

Do I think it was worth the money? It's better looking. It sounds cooler. It doesn't drone.

I think it's the best you're going to do unless you don't mind the fart can sound and the drone.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
time for a friggin video ;)

we love our FP exhaust on the Focus ST - ZERO drone, sounds super sporty... LOVE LOVE LOVE it

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guy....look what arrived this morning!

Your box is in much better shape. My UPS guy dropped it on my doorstep with pieces of exhaust falling out of it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Your box is in much better shape. My UPS guy dropped it on my doorstep with pieces of exhaust falling out of it.

I’ve found that if you order a few 73(?) pound items - 1 pound under the limit, particularly if you order several for one day and do it a few times in one week, they’ll get the hint.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000DD713/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

lead ingots are a fantastic option, high weight in a small package
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DJUBVAQ/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

or if you shoot and reload, a few boxes of bullets are similarly effective.

As you direct them where to put the boxes, make sure to mention your disappointment at the condition of your last package.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guy....look what arrived this morning!

Yeah I ordered one too and hope it arrives that well....I have the FP Touring Black Tips on our 5.0 and really liked the build quality. I know it will not be the same sound, but at least they will be twins in appearance. :biggrin:

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I ordered one too and hope it arrives that well....I have the FP Touring Black Tips on our 5.0 and really liked the build quality. I know it will not be the same sound, but at least they will be twins in appearance. :biggrin:

It's a nice exhaust. In my opinion... not to knock the original exhaust.... because I think it sounded pretty solid for what it is.... the tail pipes and tips looked crummy.... and whatever that matte finish was on them...: was already looking chalky and beat looking on mine.

The Ford performance exhaust tips are a nice black chrome and the tail pipes and welds all look very premium now.

The touring pipes start out one notch above stock when they are first mounted.... after about 300 miles or so... they kinda tone down to about a half of a notch above stock. Regular driving and highway speeds all sound pretty stock. When you crack the throttle open.... it sounds cool.... you can hear the passive valve open up.... it almost sounds like a Porsche. Not a V8.... more like an exotic. It isn't loud though.... it won't make your ears bleed or draw unwanted attention.

All in all.... a great set of pipes.

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could hear these either on YouTube(I know about the Cj pony video), here or in person.

Honestly I have been enjoying my quiet life again but feel that my raptor is missing something. I don't need super aggressive but I do need a little bit of some punch To remind me it's not just a regular truck.
I get bored quickly and the exhaust might spruce it up for me. I just don't want what I had before - the Borla was too loud and my family hated it.

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a nice exhaust. In my opinion... not to knock the original exhaust.... because I think it sounded pretty solid for what it is.... the tail pipes and tips looked crummy.... and whatever that matte finish was on them...: was already looking chalky and beat looking on mine.

The Ford performance exhaust tips are a nice black chrome and the tail pipes and welds all look very premium now.

The touring pipes start out one notch above stock when they are first mounted.... after about 300 miles or so... they kinda tone down to about a half of a notch above stock. Regular driving and highway speeds all sound pretty stock. When you crack the throttle open.... it sounds cool.... you can hear the passive valve open up.... it almost sounds like a Porsche. Not a V8.... more like an exotic. It isn't loud though.... it won't make your ears bleed or draw unwanted attention.

All in all.... a great set of pipes.

A Porsche??? . That's quite a reach.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Porsche??? . That's quite a reach.

Yep. It obviously doesn't rev as high or as fast... but the tone is similar.

---------- Post added at 03:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

I wish I could hear these either on YouTube(I know about the Cj pony video), here or in person.

Honestly I have been enjoying my quiet life again but feel that my raptor is missing something. I don't need super aggressive but I do need a little bit of some punch To remind me it's not just a regular truck.
I get bored quickly and the exhaust might spruce it up for me. I just don't want what I had before - the Borla was too loud and my family hated it.

I've tried to take some videos but I only have my iPhone.... and honestly they all sound so tame that it just sounds like a stock exhaust. You can't really hear the nuances. About all the videos pick up is that it doesn't make any loud noise. The microphone just isn't that great.