Ford performance touring exhaust by Borla (I bought it)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok... so it comes this week.

Spoke with Borla and it has the same 12 pony gain as the ATAK or sport.

I'll report on the sound... should be mellow.... just a smudge more than stock.... right up my alley.

Guy

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'll report on the sound... should be mellow.... just a smudge more than stock.... right up my alley.

Guy
what tips ? i gonna wait see if roush will use the same one on their stage2 pack.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll likely go with the ford sport. They do way more RD than most and no drone what so ever. Corsa is very close as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Guy

I saw this on the FP site, $1925. Borla Touring is only $1133 on American muscle. Is there a difference?!

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what tips ? i gonna wait see if roush will use the same one on their stage2 pack.

I did black. I have black hole hot rims. White truck... you get the general theme!

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this on the FP site, $1925. Borla Touring is only $1133 on American muscle. Is there a difference?!

Borla only makes atak and S for the raptor. The Ford touring is much quieter than both which I'm assuming OP wants. The system is also different. Ford designs it and Borla just builds it to their spec. Added resonator with active vent, little smaller pipe. But both claim 12 HP gain.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep...

One notch above stock is ok for me. I live in a pretty quiet neighborhood, but more importantly I drive my wife and children in it fairly often. It has to be a subtle change. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the more radical exhausts.... they're just not a good fit for my needs for this stage of my life. :)

Borla only makes atak and S for the raptor. The Ford touring is much quieter than both which I'm assuming OP wants. The system is also different. Ford designs it and Borla just builds it to their spec. Added resonator with active vent, little smaller pipe. But both claim 12 HP gain.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep...

One notch above stock is ok for me. I live in a pretty quiet neighborhood, but more importantly I drive my wife and children in it fairly often. It has to be a subtle change. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the more radical exhausts.... they're just not a good fit for my needs for this stage of my life. :)

FP is better engineered than any other exhaust. It's a good choice.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep...

Are you turning off the fake engine noise in the cab? I'm trying to find a "better" exhaust at 80mph, I'm stock with fake engine noise off and the cabin is just too buzzy for me (V6, I know I know)