Ford Performance Sport Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So has anyone tried the Ford Perfomance Sport Exhaust?

What is the dieffeerence between that and the Borla Sport Exhaust?

I see where Ford Performance claims they have a slight variation from the solely Borla system but they don’t say what.

Lastly, if anyone has it I would love to hear some real sound clips as opposed to the enhanced bs CJ puts up on their site.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The ones they ran at Raptor assault sounded good, but I was unable to get a video at the time. Way better than the Borlas I've heard. If I was ever to change the factory exhaust, I'd go with one of the FP offerings, probably the touring tho.

They seem to keep down the rasp (which none of the other options do) while making the factory tone a bit louder and more baritone. That's the best way I can describe it.

Definitely better, but not worth the price they are asking, at least for me.

OP
OP
Quaesta

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ones they ran at Raptor assault sounded good, but I was unable to get a video at the time. Way better than the Borlas I've heard. If I was ever to change the factory exhaust, I'd go with one of the FP offerings, probably the touring tho.

They seem to keep down the rasp (which none of the other options do) while making the factory tone a bit louder and more baritone. That's the best way I can describe it.

Definitely better, but not worth the price they are asking, at least for me.
why the touring over the sport?

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TOuring and sport are basically identical. The only difference that I can find is the high flow trap door. Sport has 1 and touring 2. So sport will give you a more aggressive idle sound.

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a sound clip but heard the exhaust at Raptor Assault as well. It had a nice deep tone to it at idle and just a slightly louder version of stock when we were doing slow up those hills. I thought it was pretty quiet / tame and not worth the price for a slight increase in sound IMO. I'm looking at the corsa muffler upgrade right now.

Gargamel

Banned
Reaction score
Be careful... Many here buy these aftermarket exhaust systems only to realize it's worse than stock. Most here have gone back to stock. They also asked for a "quieter" muffler which Jesse@MBRP has now. They offer their sleeper system which has a nice performance gain too.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
MBRP has a sleeper system which has a nice performance gain.
T409's prone to surface rust & not covered by the lifetime warranty. Wintry road conditions & road treatments may accelerate this process.
Same shit stainless as Flowmaster.

Lwlandy

Reaction score
I don't have a sound clip but heard the exhaust at Raptor Assault as well. It had a nice deep tone to it at idle and just a slightly louder version of stock when we were doing slow up those hills. I thought it was pretty quiet / tame and not worth the price for a slight increase in sound IMO. I'm looking at the corsa muffler upgrade right now.

I specifically asked a couple of the instructors at Raptor assault what was different on the Raptors they used over stock. The said the Light bar at the front, the Bed cage with Dust lights, wheel lug nuts and the CB Radio other than that everything is stock. So if you liked the sound of the exhaust there I would stick with the stock setup. I guess they might have got it wrong and I am sure they don't do the maintenance on them but they seemed pretty sure.

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I specifically asked a couple of the instructors at Raptor assault what was different on the Raptors they used over stock. The said the Light bar at the front, the Bed cage with Dust lights, wheel lug nuts and the CB Radio other than that everything is stock. So if you liked the sound of the exhaust there I would stick with the stock setup. I guess they might have got it wrong and I am sure they don't do the maintenance on them but they seemed pretty sure.

Two trucks definitely had exhaust - white and avalanche gray. Don’t remember the truck numbers but they were louder than stock and one w/ chrome tips and other polish black w/ a ford stamp.