Ford patents virtual engine noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thanks Darin, I’m considering this myself. I have nothing against the engine noise, but a quieter cabin means less fatigue and honestly, with the way the truck accelerates, I’m not paying much attention to how it sounds.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drove the truck about 50 miles this morning. You do still hear exhaust note in the cab and I don't think it's much different. It is a bit quieter and I prefer that.

I don't notice any improvement in the stereo sound that someone else mentioned.

2022 SVT Fan

Reaction score
hmmm, if it is that subtle, I might just leave it on

it just feels wrong though

My opinion is that it is far from subtle. Especially at start up on a cold engine. To me the cab is noticeably quieter, and the stereo does sound better. The bass is not cancelled out as much with engine noise coming through.

very glad I did it.

but, again, just my opinion.

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder I / when vendors come out with available tunes that might be an option to turn off ?

Vendors? Anyone.........

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol! And it's not for a 'better' sound but because people are shifting too late and revving it outside the normal parameters lol!

Kind of like the electric vehicles being too quiet and running over the elderly or blind because they can't hear them and they had
to make them generate some noise so they could be heard lol!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don’t know if anyone posted this yet, but here’s a youtube of somebody else’s Raptor comparing the engine noise enhancement on vs. off.

I’ve changed my opinion, i think I will leave the ‘enhanced’ exhaust alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxV9kFJ5_ro