Ford patents virtual engine noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea. I will take that more powerful Twin Turbo Ecoboost V6 over the previous V8 any day, even if that means listening to a virtual sound of a louder engine. Ford is moving away from V8's and sticking with the Ecoboost V6 so this is smart on their part.
After all the Ford GT that won the Le Mans is using a version of the V6 Ecoboost.

Z7What

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as i know the fake engine noise can not be turn off via selecting options on the truck menu. It can be turned off via Forscan though, as well as many other features.

Wayne

Ggh1969

Reaction score
Bmw has piped in sound for years in some of their cars. I worked at the manufacturer close to twenty years.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"That manufactured sound is supposed to add about 10" to your ****." However, this could not be confirmed by Ford officials

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as i know the fake engine noise can not be turn off via selecting options on the truck menu. It can be turned off via Forscan though, as well as many other features.

Wayne

There's no option in the truck menus to disable the sound.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
By update do you mean the difference in sound? If so it's a subtle difference. About the same at tip in and light throttle but it is quieter in the cab under harder acceleration. I wouldn't say its a big difference.

I do prefer it without the cabin enhancement sound. Kind of funny that the manufacturers work so hard keeping noise out of the cabin but now feel they need to generate fake engine noises. I'm ok with it being quieter inside.