Ford GT Engine Cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to know if the engine cover from the new Ford GT would fit our Raptors since they essentially share the same engine.

This thing is absolutely gorgeous and would certainly be one hell of a conversation piece when you pop the hood on your Raptor for friends (or for innocent bystanders at car shows)... lol

2017-Ford-GT-engine-02.jpg

:win:

Last edited:

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering that you won't walk into any dealer and buy it not sure why that matters....LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Predator

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering that you won't walk into any dealer and buy it not sure why that matters....LOL

Won't or can't? I figured GT parts were available (albeit at a premium) to special order in at any Ford parts department.

Last edited:

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't! The dealer has to have sold a Ford GT. You would need a VIN and proof of ownership. From my understanding any parts removed have to be turned into dealer once the replacement part is order similar to Ferrari parts

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whether you can buy one or can't, doesn't matter to me. It's an engine cover. The engine bay on most new cars isn't anything worth showing off (hence the use of engine covers). I clean my engine bay fairly regularly, but not because I want to show it off. It makes it easier to see if there are any leaks and clean engines usually run cooler. I'm not sure the idea behind wanting an engine cover off another vehicle. It's not like people will think your Raptor is a Ford GT just because it has the engine cover from one.

CWBROWN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you think Raptor tax is high, I can only imagine the price tag on that engine cover....that's if you could even get your hands on one. The GT is limited production so I am sure parts are hard to come by. PASS!