GEN 2 Flowmaster FlowFX Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Similar to the FOMOCO touring sound.

It’s a love/hate situation.

There are times when I wish I didn’t hear the exhaust inside the cabin. Particularly in the lower RPM range.

On the highway, I’m guessing you’ll hear the exhaust buzzing behind you ever so slightly too. Not drone... but an exhaust note.
That’s the case with my FOMOCO touring. Similar with the Flowmaster?

Looking back.... overall... 3
Different exhausts.... stock was the best overall in terms of balance between tone, volume and daily driver friendliness. I’ll be interested to see what you think of it in 3-6 months when the novelty has worn off.

I’ve been debating welding in some twister 3 inch resonators to see if I can muzzle mine without having to go back to the huge heavy stock system.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score

There are times when I wish I didn’t hear the exhaust inside the cabin. Particularly in the lower RPM range.

On the highway, I’m guessing you’ll hear the exhaust buzzing behind you ever so slightly too. Not drone... but an exhaust note.

Different exhausts.... stock was the best overall in terms of balance between tone, volume and daily driver friendliness. I’ll be interested to see what you think of it in 3-6 months when the novelty has worn off.

I’ve been debating welding in some twister 3 inch resonators to see if I can muzzle mine without having to go back to the huge heavy stock system.

If you added those resonators, would more restrictive than the stock system? Sounds like it would be.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good question.

I don’t think so. Whatever I use, if I do it, will be 3 inches straight through with a perforated insert. Little bit of increase in turbulent flow, but it should be negligible. Will I lose a couple horsepower that I picked up? Maybe.

What I really need is a Walker Quiet Flow SS muffler. No, I’m not making fun of you this time! I’m just tired of listening to exhaust. It’s heavenly when I drive other members of my stable. Lol

If you added those resonators, would more restrictive than the stock system? Sounds like it would be.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ll keep an open mind. For the first 2 videos, I didn’t sense any improvement. In fact, I didn’t like it. The last wide open run and the last start up seemed to have a little better sound quality.

Kudos to you guys spending all that money on exhaust and stimulating the Raptor economy. :favorites13:

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score

what I love about this FlowFX kit is that it just replaces the center muffler - leaving the stock resonator intact - and I don't mind the matte finished exhaust tips that are OEM to be honest...

the sound is a bit deeper than FoMoCo from what I've heard online...

cold startup is beefy sounding :)

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s it like at 1/8 throttle or 1/4 throttle under a little load?

Do you hear inside the truck.... brrrrrrrr brrrrrr.

That’s my FOMOCO biggest beef. You step on it and get up past 2500RPM - and it sounds smooth.

Highway speed? You hear some subtle exhaust behind you?

Lesser beef I have, but tolerable.

what I love about this FlowFX kit is that it just replaces the center muffler - leaving the stock resonator intact - and I don't mind the matte finished exhaust tips that are OEM to be honest...

the sound is a bit deeper than FoMoCo from what I've heard online...

cold startup is beefy sounding :)

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What’s it like at 1/8 throttle or 1/4 throttle under a little load?

Do you hear inside the truck.... brrrrrrrr brrrrrr.

That’s my FOMOCO biggest beef. You step on it and get up past 2500RPM - and it sounds smooth.

Highway speed? You hear some subtle exhaust behind you?

Lesser beef I have, but tolerable.

there is more grumble lower down - did you see my video? you can hear it pretty well if you can good speakers/headphones...

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
If you swapped that muffler for a 40 or 50 series, that farty sound would go away and you would have a smooth rumble.