Fixed my Ecoboost Shudder Problem.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dinoone

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm glad I didn't make a $550k mistake by getting a GT I guess everything is a blessing but you couldn't give me a Eco-boost truck, I'd rather walk.

Good luck, and I hope you’ve learned some lessons from this experience (beyond hating the ecoboost).

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bitter former owner - sorry for your problems but no need to shit on the truck.

You got screwed on the F250 price but that's Karma - you paid way too much!

Good luck with your new truck

OP
OP
dinoone

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What? I'm not bitter at all, I just don't care for the Gen 2 ecoboost motor. The truck itself is fantastic.

I don't feel like I got screwed on my F250 price I said I got hosed on my trade in on the Raptor. Karma what the ******* **** are you even talking about? I think they need to start locking keyboards up from idiots.

Lastly GO **** YOURSELF.....:flipthebird:

Bitter former owner - sorry for your problems but no need to shit on the truck.

You got screwed on the F250 price but that's Karma - you paid way too much!

Good luck with your new truck

Last edited:

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the new truck but if you think you're guaranteed better off with a diesel you're in for a rude awakening. I have a bunch of 6.7L Superduties including a '17 F-350 I picked up last week. Emission systems have significantly hurt diesel reliability, my business has everything ranging from 3.0L Ecodiesels to 15.0L ISX Cummins.

My 2012 6.7L Superduty has had the cab off more times than I have fingers, and I have two 2014's the fleet that haven't been much better. I've got two Ecodiesel Rams and one was good, the other has seen the shop 5-6 times in 60k miles. Even my Kubota skid steer has a DPF and it's been pissing me off.

The last bullet proof diesels I own are my 2006 and 2007 Ram 5.9L's, a 2006 LBZ Duramax and any of my Cat/Cummins powered rigs pre-2007.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guys he was a huge evangelist of the Raptor. He's been through two and put a ton of mods on them. He's no hater, he had problems and Ford wouldn't fix them.

Honestly Dino if I had that experience I'd have dumped Ford and bought a Tundra. I'm glad mine is fine, but I feel your pain. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What? I'm not bitter at all, I just don't care for the Gen 2 ecoboost motor. The truck itself is fantastic.

I don't feel like I got screwed on my F250 price I said I got hosed on my trade in on the Raptor. Karma what the ******* **** are you even talking about? I think they need to start locking keyboards up from idiots.

You would have loved the Gen2 EcoBoost motor if your truck wasn't a lemon.

You did get hosed on your new Super Duty purchase - you paid too much but I'm sure you did the best you could especially since you were dumping your Raptor.

Sorry your Raptor life is over. Hopefully your Super Duty world will treat you better. Enjoy the Super Duty forums. There's good peeps over there.

OP
OP
dinoone

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your exactly right bud!

As far as what I paid it's all relative to the person I guess.

You would have loved the Gen2 EcoBoost motor if your truck wasn't a lemon.

You did get hosed on your new Super Duty purchase - you paid too much but I'm sure you did the best you could especially since you were dumping your Raptor.

Sorry your Raptor life is over. Hopefully your Super Duty world will treat you better. Enjoy the Super Duty forums. There's good peeps over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got hosed on the trade but really didn't care at this point. I just wanted out. I only paid $500 over invoice on F250 so I don't feel bad.

From my understanding there are over 200 used 2017 Raptors available with one local dealer with a 2018 sitting on the lot. Not really good for trade in value.

What did they give you for your raptor? :Wince:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Best of luck, I will keep my 6.2l V8 until the wheels fall off. Just ran into a guy who bought a 2017 Raptor, and at 2500 miles had his trans replaced since the sensor he needed was on national back order. Plus the fleet of his company trucks (ecoboost) has suffered a couple of engine losses due to broken camshafts. WTF is going on?

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly bummed for you, wish you had not gotten bit this time. like Bullishone said you are a true raptor enthusiast. You understood what the raptor is for, not everyone does