First big turbo gen2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can’t say I don’t disagree that you are ultimately limited by 3.5 liters.

It’s a relatively small engine for the amount of power it can produce.

My truck, tuned, some basic bolt ons.... is a blast on the street, but the power is a little twitchy and you know you are driving a turbo. I’m very happy with it.

I think that's the sweet spot for the 3.5. Tuned with basic bolt ons pushing 500-550 horsepower on stock turbos. Very efficient package with surprising output. Great bang for the buck. Beyond that, at least so far, I'm just not sure it's worth modding it. At least to me.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to justify 15 grand for 50 horsepower.

And if the curve is anything like Switzer... it takes some RPMs to spool up those bigger turbos and you lose something on the bottom. Fine for the street but probably a bit much for a rock crawl.

I think that's the sweet spot for the 3.5. Tuned with basic bolt ons pushing 500-550 horsepower on stock turbos. Very efficient package with surprising output. Great bang for the buck. Beyond that, at least so far, I'm just not sure it's worth modding it. At least to me.