Failed Tune Install - Truck Won't Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cobra281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, meant if someone tackled a mod over the weekend, the poster will typically state they will update when complete, to no avail...

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, meant if someone tackled a mod over the weekend, the poster will typically state they will update when complete, to no avail...

Got ya. .thanks for the clarification. .I've got a pretty decent idea of what happened however it's just speculation. Although it would be courteous to update a thread once started as such.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Original poster

QUOTE=Guy]Jeff

I’m curious.... what was the process to fix the tune?
This way if it ever happens to me I’ll know what to expect too.

They had to send me a special "recovery tune" that had to be loaded in a different way from the other tunes and then there was another file that had to be run which deleted something from the nGauge. The moral of the story, do not ever stop a tune in the middle of an installation or accidentally unplug the cable :). Really bad things will happen.

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In case anyone else has this problem, I recently had an issue when switching tunes. Not sure exactly what happened as I’ve shifted tunes a dozen times before with no issues. I was shifting from stock to PRX93, and got an installation error. Truck was pretty much completely dead, with every light on the dash lit. It kept asking me to reinstall the stock tune, but no joy. The only thing different this time: my grandson opened the rear during the update.
Anyway, JR at MPT hooked me right up. Called at 10:00, they emailed an updated recovery stock tune by 1:00. Once you install the recovery tune, your tuner is locked. They need to get your serial number off the tuner after install to unlock the performance tunes. They don't need to access your computer; just emailed the new tune.
Great service from MPT.