Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]

Failed Tune Install - Truck Won't Start

This is a discussion on Failed Tune Install - Truck Won't Start within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!

User Tag List

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2017, 11:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Guy
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Everything I read...

Other ecoboosts... etc...

HPTUNERS professional tuning suite includee with it
A recovery tune feature for these instances.

Iíve read a fair number of other people who did the same thing as Jeff and after a recovery tune was installed were right back in the saddle.

Iím guessing this isnít the first or last instance of MPT having this panic call, and as long as he only corrupted his PCM install it should be easily fixable.

For the record... when I tune... I kill everything inside and outside the truck...: lights, radio, HVAC... and I hook up a trickle charger just to be safe.

Iíve flashed my truck probably 30 times this summer from 5 star and now MPT without issue.

Originally Posted by MTF View Post
I would try a battery disconnect (the ground only) for a good 20 minutes and at the same time charge the battery.
Then after hooking the battery back up put the charger on trickle and keep the battery charging.
This is about the only thing you can try for now till MPT responds to you.

I'm I correct in assuming the IC fans run when the key is on?

Also make sure everything is off in the truck, and I mean everything!!!
Don't open doors, roll windows up or down.

Good luck
MTF likes this.

Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:11 PM   #12 (permalink)

MTF
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

I also forgot to add!!!
Over the past 5 years it was always a hit or miss just switching Tunes from one to another.

When I switch Tunes, I always go back to stock first before loading another Tune.

Whipple 700+ HP Upgrade Package, Oil and Fuel pump upgrades, Custom Deavers +2 Rear Springs, Axle Exchange Driveshaft, Rogue Racing Traction Bars, Hellwig rear sway bar, Pace Edward electric bed cover with remote, Pop & Lock Tail Gate lock, Mud Flaps, Window Rain Guards, EZ Down Tailgate, Bed Rug,
Future Installs: Brembo Brakes 15" Gran Turismo
MTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Any update? You mentioned you may have some confusion about what was your stock file. Make sure your loading the file that was returned to you probably at the same time that you got your tunes in an email. However mpt usually sends this file in a separate email due to file size. It would be labeled stock file and ending in .enc. that stock tune file is then transferred to the sd card into the tunes folder. Make sure this is the file you're trying to flash. NOT the other stock file on the card which is the one you sent them in the beginning. P.S I'm in the Cincinnati area so if your close let me know if I can help in any way.
Smokeshow60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

I went thru the exact same thing last week on my Ngauge and MPT. Only thing I can think of that happened is the keyfob was in my pocket when I stepped out of the truck, but I cant say for sure that was it.
Anyway, MPT will get you fixed up with a recovery stock tune. They had me up and running before noon on Friday. They will need to remote access your PC and they will do whats needed with the tuner plugged in. What takes time is for them to write a stock tune, they will need your original tune that you sent them is it. Dont let it worry you, its not that big of a deal... just a little time consuming.
Micha likes this.
Ckhris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Guy
Full Access Member

I believe he got the issue resolved.

Originally Posted by Ckhris View Post
I went thru the exact same thing last week on my Ngauge and MPT. Only thing I can think of that happened is the keyfob was in my pocket when I stepped out of the truck, but I cant say for sure that was it.
Anyway, MPT will get you fixed up with a recovery stock tune. They had me up and running before noon on Friday. They will need to remote access your PC and they will do whats needed with the tuner plugged in. What takes time is for them to write a stock tune, they will need your original tune that you sent them is it. Dont let it worry you, its not that big of a deal... just a little time consuming.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
FRF Supporting Member

Originally Posted by Guy View Post
I believe he got the issue resolved.
Nice to see you updated his thread for him..
cobra281 and Mcnawsty like this.
Smokeshow60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hope the OP comes back with an update. It would be nice to know how this all played out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

802a luxury package | technology package | twin panel roof | tailgate step | heated steering wheel | 2nd row heated seats | spray in bed-liner
CFIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Guy
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Smokeshow60 View Post
Nice to see you updated his thread for him..
I sent him a private message.

He didnít elaborate. I was hoping to get more info too in the event it ever happened to me.

Hopefully he will pop back on and post a followup.
Old 09-28-2017, 11:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
Full Access Member

My guess is he bricked his ECM...
nikhsub1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:12 AM   #20 (permalink)
Guy
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
My guess is he bricked his ECM...
Except he didnít and his truck is running fine now.

We have had private conversations. What I donít know is what the procedure was for restoring his tune.