Expected Gas Mileage for 2017 Raptor? (10-Speed Transmission)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15 city, 20 highway

Don't really care though as long as it has a 36+ gallon tank. :happy107:

Regular gas would be nice too.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get 12.2 in mine. I'd guess 14.0 for the new one. Don't really care, though. That's not why I bought the truck.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
My combined average is 9-10. I'm pretty sure I can get 12-14 with the new one. That doesn't sound like a lot but 3-4mpg increase is a pretty big percentage.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who cares, gas is cheap again hahah.

For now until domestic oil production is pulled down to a crawl and put of of business because it is no longer profitable then the price will sky rocket to $5/gal+ for awhile until domestic production can ramp up again. We are going to be hurting in a couple years I promise.

As for mileage Im going to say 18mpg combined.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For now until domestic oil production is pulled down to a crawl and put of of business because it is no longer profitable then the price will sky rocket to $5/gal+ for awhile until domestic production can ramp up again. We are going to be hurting in a couple years I promise.

As for mileage Im going to say 18mpg combined.

I meant that as a joke. Improving MPG is important.

There never was a shortage of oil even before production was ramped up in the US. It's been shown that production can be ramped up to meet future demands if needed. So, the speculative oil bubble has finally burst. Prices will be down for at least the next 10 years is my humble opinion. We'll see what actually happens though.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be a big jump between smaller engine, lower weight and way better gear ratios. I'd say 18-20 range. Not that it should matter.

9599svt

Reaction score
Im curious what the rpm will be while driving at highway speeds. In my limited experience it seems like as they make transmisions with more gears the rpm at highway speeds stays about the same, and all the extra gears are there more to help with city driving? I understand its not good to have your engine bogged down on the freeway or constantly shifting to a lower gear.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I average about 11.6-11.8 on my long term fuel economy with a mix of daily driving, towing, etc. Would LOVE for that number to jump up a couple mpg.

While I did not buy the Raptor to be a fuel efficient vehicle by any means, having better MPG is a nice thing. Having a crappy MPG seems to make some guys feel manlier. All it is doing is throwing money down the drain. I'll still buy a vehicle with crappy mpg if I like the vehicle (....ie RAPTOR lol), but I will always prefer having a better mpg if possible. It's having your cake and eating it too!

10k miles a year at 11.5 mpg is ~870 gallons of fuel. At $2/gal that's $1740 in fuel for the year, at $3/gal that's $2610 in fuel for the year.

Now bump that to 13.5 mpg, that's 740 gallons of fuel. $1480/yr at $2/gal, $2220/yr at $3/gal.

So just bumping from a ****** 11.5 to a slightly less ****** 13.5 with 500 lbs less weight, an ecoboost, and a 10 speed trans, which I think is realistic, that saves me between $260 and $390 a year. So while it's not THOUSANDS of dollars, which is why I don't mind having a poor-mpg vehicle, it is SOMETHING, basically a FREE mod per year. I've had my Raptor 3 years now, and if it had 2 mpg better I could have had an intake, tune, and probably another mod or two in what I could have saved in gas when it was closer to $4/gal and above most of the time I've had it, if it had 2 mpg better lol.