GEN 2 Exhaust turbo spool??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kbarakeh

Kbarakeh

Reaction score
The only way you will achieve this is to eliminate the Cats, or go with high flows. Every one of my turbo cars responded this way and you can hear the spool from the exhaust now. The catalytic converter material is very good and muffling the higher pitched turbo spool, so that’s the solution.

I’m willing to bet just catless or high flow catted downpipes would make a difference too.

Yeah i dont want to void any warranty by messing with my cats but im sure that would definitely do the trick. every exhaust videos of the corsa extreme ive seen you can hear it , im just really confused as to why i cannot on mine lol.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think its more the camera and its ability to pick those notes out and not bringing in so much of the sound of the motor.

the front of the engine you arent dealing with the engine noise, so its pretty easy to hear the turbo spool. the rear of the engine, where all the gasses and noises go, is probably not going to work out too well.

unless you did a rear mount setup. you would for sure hear it then.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
cant hear the turbo whistle on mine

Stick this in your tailpipe - you'll hear the whistle...

PRANK-CAR-EXHAUST-WHISTLE-FUNNY-PRACTICAL-JOKE-Loud-Muffler-GAG-Tail-Pipe-0-2.jpg

You can get some nicer looking units from China:

-b-font-Sound-font-b-Whistle-b-font-Muffler-font-b.jpg

18LeadfootNNJ

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a 2018 Raptor with about 2300 miles on it. I installed my Corsa intake , resonator delete x pipe and sport muffler (Corsa extreme). i also have the SPD turbo adapters. The whole reason i wanted that exhaust was after watching all the videos on them you can clearly hear the turbo spooling at idle and low rpm's through the exhaust but i cant hear it at all on mine for some reason???. could it be because the turbos or cats need to be broke in or what? you can hear them through the intake but nothing from the exhaust. or maybe the 2018 model has different cats or turbos? idk. any ideas would help thanks

Turbos don’t spool at idle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
What you are hearing is the cold start, higher rpm where the turbo is slightly spinning. As the engine heats, it comes down to idle rpm and the turbo sound goes away.