Exhaust options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently looking into putting a different exhaust on my 2017 raptor. The question I have is on the ford performance website they show a ford touring exhaust, in partnership with borla, with lists for as much as $ 2250.00 with carbon fiber exhaust tips.

On the borla website they list 2 exhaust, a s type and a atak, for around $ 1175.00.

I like the thought of the ford performance exhaust with carbon fiber tips, but can someone tell me why the ford/borla exhaust is almost double the price of a straight borla exhaust. Is the ford performance exhaust that much better ?

OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Borla exhaust is just the x pipe and mid pipe. The ford performance exhaust can also be purchased for much cheaper than MSRP.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Thank you.

When you say the ford performance exhaust can be purchased cheaper, do you mean by negotiating with ford performance directly or thru another means of buying ?

Which exhaust sounds better, the ford performance or the exhaust directly from borla ?

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a catback.... don’t go any louder than the Ford Performance Touring.

I went through 3 exhausts before I figured that out.

It just doesn’t have a smooth rumble that your neighbors will envy. It sounds like the low rider Honda Civic everyone hates.

Thank you.

When you say the ford performance exhaust can be purchased cheaper, do you mean by negotiating with ford performance directly or thru another means of buying ?

Which exhaust sounds better, the ford performance or the exhaust directly from borla ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a catback.... don’t go any louder than the Ford Performance Touring unless you want to sound like a dirt bag.

I went through 3 exhausts before I figured that out.

It just doesn’t have a smooth rumble that your neighbors will envy. It sounds like the low rider Honda Civic everyone hates.

Thank you very much. That’s helpful info. Is the ford performance exhaust worth $ 2250.00 and how does it sound compared to the borla atak ?

Is the ford performance exhaust basically the borla s type ?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Why are you looking for an exhaust?

appearance? different sound?

it’s yours, don’t get me wrong and you’re free to do whatever you want with it, but there’s a bunch of exhaust threads and videos with sound. Some sound good, but... IMO, not 2 thousand dollars good.

Fer ****’s sake, that’s half the cost of a Ducati exhaust!

It’s also ~ 2 full tire replacements with the KO2’s.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Why are you looking for an exhaust?

appearance? different sound?

it’s yours, don’t get me wrong and you’re free to do whatever you want with it, but there’s a bunch of exhaust threads and videos with sound. Some sound good, but... IMO, not 2 thousand dollars good.

Fer ****’s sake, that’s half the cost of a Ducati exhaust!

It’s also ~ 2 full tire replacements with the KO2’s.

I agree there does not seem to be a benefit to replacing it yet. The factory spent a bunch of time tuning it and the system sounds decent. The raptor tax is too steep on some of this stuff.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am currently looking into putting a different exhaust on my 2017 raptor. The question I have is on the ford performance website they show a ford touring exhaust, in partnership with borla, with lists for as much as $ 2250.00 with carbon fiber exhaust tips.

On the borla website they list 2 exhaust, a s type and a atak, for around $ 1175.00.

I like the thought of the ford performance exhaust with carbon fiber tips, but can someone tell me why the ford/borla exhaust is almost double the price of a straight borla exhaust. Is the ford performance exhaust that much better ?

If you decide to go with Borla these guys have the cheapest delivered price I've seen. I've bought 2 sets of borlas from them (Raptor and RS) within the last 6 months. Place the item in your cart to see the discounted price. Use the code "Ecoboosted" for an additional savings.

https://justboltons.com/shop-all/ford/raptor-3-5l/2017-2018/exhaust-systems/

I hope that helps!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As @dude1782, the Borla systems are a mid-pipe kit only whereas the Ford Performance kits including all piping all the way out the new tips at the rear end.

When you add the tailpipe section for the Borla kits, the pricing is comparable.

We're a dealer for both Ford Performance, Borla, and others brands as well such as Corsa.

If you'd like us to go over other options or offer you a quote, we'd be happy to do so!

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
We’ve multiple guys run Black Widow exhaust Y-pipe into a 3” Race Venom on their Gen 2’s say they are very happy with the sound. Plus it’s only $165 plus a hundred or so for installation