Exhaust cutouts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any opinions on exhaust cut outs on the Gen2? Being a turbo I thought I ask about pro/cons. My only experience has been on normally aspirated track cars so...... thoughts about them on this truck for days off road?

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them on my mustang and love them. Would be curious also for the raptor. My guess they would add some HP.

I dont know a whole lot about turbos, but would cutouts mess with removing back pressure resulting in more boost?

If adding cut outs makes more boost would a tune be needed? Or would it be a good way to make more power without having to have a programmer?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
My personal opinion is they aren't great if you're gonna be offroad with your truck. I had one and it just ended up rattling and finally stopped working altogether. If you're gonna be a mall crawler though, I mean, hey, why not?

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they will net you gains of 25hp and if you add a K&N on the front of the turbo 65hp. No toons needed! Doo eet!