Ford Performance Touring Exhaust Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok...

So I don't any videos yet.... but I'll work on it.

Here is An unbiased review now that I've put 250 miles on it.

It's mild. This isn't going to wake up the neighbors or scare small children. It rumbles at an idle very similar to a big V8. It doesn't sound like an ecoboost or a V6 on cold start or at idle. I don't know if it was intentional to mimick a big block sound or not. It does not have the chugging idle sound like some of the aftermarket exhausts that sound like a mini diesel. On a cold start it doesn't wake up a roar. It wakes up and rumbles.

Highway speeds are pleasant. There is no drone. I can't stand ANY drone and would be the first to say it. The highway experience is similar to stock. With the radio off you can hear a very soft exhaust note, but if I didn't point it out, no one would ever pay notice it. The amount of exhaust you hear is about like stock. I ran it up to 85 and found no drone anywhere along the drone zone RPM range.

The exhaust is overall very similar to stock. Where you'll notice a difference is at lower RPMs and during a roll-on acceleration. It is deeper and will growl enough to let the guy next to you know he just got Raptored.

The exhaust is toning down pretty quickly and is losing what decibels over stock that it had. In another 250 miles I suspect I'll be the only one who will know that it's not factory inside the truck.

This exhaust is for someone who wants a cool look, a little more aggressive tone and no drone or excessive noise. You can safely buy this and daily drive, take clients to lunch, or transport your family without an issue.

This IS the exhaust I was hoping for and am happy with it. I won't need to remove it.

If you were on the fence... I say go for it. You won't have buyer's remorse or be embarrassed to drive your truck around your neighborhood.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good review, I may try the sport version but either way I am going with the Ford exhaust. If you get a chance get a video up, I will put it up for you if need be.

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ehh, I would love to see against the Borla S for comparison to be honest. I mean there are times when you want some aggressive tones to let you know you have a serious truck but most of the time when just cruising I want to be left alone. If it's significantly more quiet than Borla S with the grumbles and rumbles you mention - I would buy one tomorrow. I just wasted a bunch of money and time with Borla S and returned it after a week. I was so happy with my stock again that I swore I wouldn't touch it...that was till a Dodge came up to me today and tried to get me to go on the highway.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ehh, I would love to see against the Borla S for comparison to be honest. I mean there are times when you want some aggressive tones to let you know you have a serious truck but most of the time when just cruising I want to be left alone. If it's significantly more quiet than Borla S with the grumbles and rumbles you mention - I would buy one tomorrow. I just wasted a bunch of money and time with Borla S and returned it after a week. I was so happy with my stock again that I swore I wouldn't touch it...that was till a Dodge came up to me today and tried to get me to go on the highway.
I feel exactly the same way.

It's one notch above stock. The only time it catches your attention is accelerating. The rest of the time it's quiet and benign.

Ford did an outstanding job with the stock exhaust.
They absolutely appealed to the masses.

This would be just a little more in your face. I'm happy with it.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

I feel exactly the same way.

It's one notch above stock. The only time it catches your attention is accelerating. The rest of the time it's quiet and benign.

Ford did an outstanding job with the stock exhaust.
They absolutely appealed to the masses.

This would be just a little more in your face. I'm happy with it.
My next step is to try it with the fake engine noise turned off. I don't think it needs it any more.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to hear the sport version if the touring sounds that good.

This is not for someone who wants to scream down the highway....

It's for someone who wants a subtle uptick in sound.... it's a smooth tone.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to hear the sport version if the touring sounds that good.

I've only seen the video from CJ Pony. I haven't seen anyone with the actual kit as I think I want to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fake noise off

Ok.

So I got FORScan working and removed the fake noise.

EVEN BETTER!

I forgot what it was like not to have that weird stereophonic vroom noise... honestly.... now what little noise and growl you hear is noticibly BEHIND you.

I give two thumbs up on the FOMOCO FORD PERFORMANCE TOURING EXHAUST!

CWBROWN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the Touring Exhaust today from CJ Pony. It will be here next Tuesday and will get installed next Friday. Since I am taking the Borla S-Type off I will let you guys know what I think in comparison. There are things I really like about the S-Type so don't think I totally hate it.