Engine Ping on accelleration? anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took it relatively easy on the GEN2 thru the 1st oil cycle, now on 2nd oil change and driving with the foot more into it.

Disabled the Fake engine noise and I can hear (More than once) Detonation ping on heavy acceleration, usually while its shifting 1st thru 4th.

I'm running Sunoco 93. I suspect its always been there but masked by the fake engine noise thru the stereo

Anyone else hearing this?

onebadf150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took it relatively easy on the GEN2 thru the 1st oil cycle, now on 2nd oil change and driving with the foot more into it.

Disabled the Fake engine noise and I can hear (More than once) Detonation ping on heavy acceleration, usually while its shifting 1st thru 4th.

I'm running Sunoco 93. I suspect its always been there but masked by the fake engine noise thru the stereo

Change fuel. that happens to me with shell.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

I still have the ‘audio enhanced engine noise’, it’s not fake, it’s very real !
I’ve not heard any pinging though. You can only hear it with the engine audio disabled?

I’d have it to the dealer, you should not be pinging on 91+ octane fuel

The pinging - is it audibly discernible as engine knock? is it light, medium, heavy? only under heavy throttle gears 1-4?

normally I’d expect less of that than say 8-10 at 1-2k rpms when the truck tries to boost its way to faster speeds rather than downshift. You don’t hear any pinging under “lugging” conditions - low rpm, outside the power band and higher than usual load?

Your described symptoms sound like an ECU, possibly programming issue.