Engine knock or vacuum hub noise??? HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Westy737

Reaction score
I took my 2018 to the Ford Dealer a little over a week ago with what I thought was a third gear engine knock/pre-ignition at around 5200 to 5300 rpm. The dealer said they did not think it was in the engine because they put the truck in 4 wheel drive and it did not knock. The latest tests have all been centered around a vacuum in the hub assembly. Ford in Detroit has been feeding them the tests to do. No luck finding the fix to the problem yet. Anyone else having this issue or know what it might be? Thanks!

QATARSUB

Reaction score
do you hear it from low rpm while you pull the truck hard and shifting from 3rd or 4th and when rpm raise you hear that noise? if it is this what is happening, well I hade this issue before and I did do some bolts on and tune the truck and this knocking disappeared no more.... start with oil catch can as you separate the oil vapor from going back to the intake wich well effect fuel grade.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if this it or not but lots of guys in the Facebook group have reported a bad rattle that goes away when you put it in 4 wd. It’s a vacuum chech valve. It’s right against the fire wall in front of the steering wheel. Easy to find and change. Some guys have swapped out several

OP
OP
W

Westy737

Reaction score
Not fixed yet!!

Thanks Gsteve and Reefblue! I just got my Raptor back from the dealership after 2.5 weeks. After the dealership worked with Ford Engineering and had no resolve, A Ford Rep. came in and thinks it is a vacuum line, very possibly the one Reefblue references. Of course it is on back order for an unknown length of time. Check valve on the fire wall has been swapped along with the control module. Appreciate it!

Last edited: