GEN 2 Engine Issues Common?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
IP bans are disputed in their effectiveness. it would ensnare casual users, sure.

Actually I think they should track down the various ISPs and lodge terms of use complaints against it. Also, banned users no longer have any “relationship” to the venue from which they’ve been banished, so if it resides in a state which criminalizes electronic harassment, the Mods could request a criminal investigation be launched.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IP bans are disputed in their effectiveness. it would ensnare casual users, sure.

Actually I think they should track down the various ISPs and lodge terms of use complaints against it. Also, banned users no longer have any “relationship” to the venue from which they’ve been banished, so if it resides in a state which criminalizes electronic harassment, the Mods could request a criminal investigation be launched.

Except our mods won't even ban him so either way it's probably asking too much.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sasquatch77, McNawsty.

McTroll.

You do realize every post you troll I’m going to point out that you don’t own a raptor, habitually lie, and make a point to try to mislead everyone.

Essentially you are neutralized so you should just move on to another forum.

You forgot the different engine rattles that most are admitting to finding.

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
so 1 in 5 odds your brand new 70k truck will have engine or tranny problems..... we arent even talking high milaged trucks. just my personal opinion i stay far away from the poopoo boost.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so 1 in 5 odds your brand new 70k truck will have engine or tranny problems..... we arent even talking high milaged trucks. just my personal opinion i stay far away from the poopoo boost.

No, 4 out of 5 chance absolutely nothing is wrong with your truck. There is a 1 in 5 chance your oil pan might not have enough liquid gasket, or a clip might not be secure, or there is a nick on your leather steering wheel, or any other of a thousand typical manufacturing mistakes all makes are subject to. But other than that, thanks for trying to slam a truck that is better than yours. Envy is a bitch.

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
dont get me wrong its a nice truck.... i like everything about it but the engine it has better suspension tech,etc etc and believe me if it had a v8 i would bust my ass to keep my gen 1 and purchase a gen 2 but ive personally had too many issues with ecoboosts as well as my friends and family

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont get me wrong its a nice truck.... i like everything about it but the engine it has better suspension tech,etc etc and believe me if it had a v8 i would bust my ass to keep my gen 1 and purchase a gen 2 but ive personally had too many issues with ecoboosts as well as my friends and family

Unless you, your friends and family all have either raptors or 2018 f150s your comparing apples to oranges. I dont believe a verdict should be handed down on this new platform simply because it shares a name with the old one.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m getting ready to pickup a ‘18 Screw on Saturday and I’m getting a little nervous

You'll notice some weird shifts, etc. especially during first 1,000 miles or so. Even then you'll wonder why it skips 4th gear or 5th gear from time to time...but that's just what it does. Aftermarket tunes are a likely fix...but have not seen a lot of feedback on how each different one addresses shift points, etc.

But I bet you'll have mostly smiles every time you hop in. I know I do. Still finding reasons to run errands, give friends a ride somewhere, etc.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
10,500 on my 17, did replace battery which had a bad cell. No other issues.

Reaction score
Hey guys

2018 raptor second one had a 2017 with front end problems for 6 months they bought it back from me tho they couldn’t fix it now my second one blows blue smoke once in a while after idling for 30 mins not all the time tho almost seems like a turbo seal but could my cam phaser do that too it’s loud on start up