Engine Hissing Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsrick80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibly a vacuum leak. Mine had a bad valve which hissed very loud. The vacuum leak got so bad on my 17 raptor the air actuated hubs would engage.

OP
OP
S

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibly a vacuum leak. Mine had a bad valve which hissed very loud. The vacuum leak got so bad on my 17 raptor the air actuated hubs would engage.

I thought it might be a vacuum leak but it's not. This morning I turned the truck on and I didn't hear this nose. Drove 10 miles and I still didn't hear it. After my 40min drive into the office, I get out and hear it. It was definitely not as pronounced as the video I have here. This makes me think this is normal. Almost sounds like there is pressure building up somewhere and when this pressure is released you hear this sound. What I'm not sure of is if its due to the cold weather because I don't think I heard this when it was warm outside.

lightman02

Reaction score
I heard something like that on mine the other day and it was during a cold start, it was in the 30's outside, might not be a problem.