Dyno catback/muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will not be successful in making it sound good. The ecoboost F150 crowd has basically abandoned the concept of trying to get it to sound better. The best thing new Raptor owners could do is find a take-off from a 15-17 f150 ecoboost. It will correct the outlet location and calm the sound down.

I followed a new Raptor yesterday and the sound was horrible.... the rear bumper dual exit exhaust was a fad 5-10yrs ago... coyhave done something better there.

Definitely not a fan and will never get rid of my gen 1 Raptor... I love it!!

I am not sure I understand what you are saying. The 15-17 f150 are not true dual exhaust systems, its a completely different problem to solve. And why would a takeoff from a dissimilar system help at all?

Not that it matters, but I have had a plenty of V6 vehicles and most of them sounded good to me. The exhaust sound is determined not just by the number of pistons, cam, cat, muffler, turbos, routing/length, material of the exhaust system, etc all define the sound.