Drone with exhausts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to pull the trigger here soon on an exhaust. After going through YouTube for hours I feel like the Borla S type fits me.

Thing is I had a Borla on my last vehicle - Jeep SRT16' and it droned like crazy. It sounded insane when you started it and got on it - so well worth the trouble but on a long trip it drove me a little crazy.

I cruise around the 80mph +/- zone which is where I would hear it. Any advice on how it sounds on the Raptor?

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had a s-type on my 14 eb. no drone. and can't hear it @ 80-/+ unless u drop a few gears....

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the SW downpipe/catback. When I first put it was really loud. I have a previous TBI and tinnitus and the loudness in the cab made it unbearable.

I don't know about the Borla, but SW exhaust tips are adjustable. I pushed them out a bit so they are flush with the end of the bumper. I would have preferred to have them under the bumper more. It helped fix the sound a little bit.

What I just did was start to wrap the exhaust. I live in AZ so I don't really have to worry about corrosion. I haven't finished but I wrapped about halfway from the end of the downpipes back (didn't do the muffler). Went for a test drive and it pretty much fixed the loudness in the cab. I'll finish wrapping the rest later on but the difference was substantial! I do take the truck offroading so I'll see how it holds up over time. But for now I am extremely happy with it.

Last edited:

kdkellie

Reaction score
I installed a Borla S a week ago. Doesn't drone at all. Will be adding Kooks Green catted DP in a couple weeks when they are available.

Sent from my BBA100-1 using Tapatalk

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guaranteed NO DRONE on CORSA Performance systems. Sounds and looks amazing, especially with resonator delete. Quality is top notch as well, as all of their products.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
removing a resonator will help increase drone. its one of the reasons they are there.

Resonator's are tuned for the stock exhaust. If you change the exhaust, the resonator may not be reducing drone. Corsa tunes their mufflers using RSC to cancel resonance so that there is no drone. The resonator is not helping with drone in this case.

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I ordered a borla S. Just hoping it ain't too loud that the wife gives me grief all the time and it doesn't drone so I don't regret it. I will let you know