Downpipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PARKER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company that is making a downpipe yet? It's proabably a long shot. AFE won't even have their intakes out until next week. I wonder if any of the other ones for the regular 3.5 will fit?

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the dp is already 3" per side, so if you are keeping cats, there isnt much to be gained?

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got racing in Mexico, I remove the cats and you are right, very decent improvement. However, the power usually comes at the top end, and i am not sure how much that will help in this truck.

(Kidding about racing in Mexico, would never remove the cats because that is against the law)

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I got racing in Mexico, I remove the cats and you are right, very decent improvement. However, the power usually comes at the top end, and i am not sure how much that will help in this truck.

(Kidding about racing in Mexico, would never remove the cats because that is against the law)

Turbo motors want free flowing, least restriction possible. A straight pipe from turbo back would be ideal for performance, not so much for noise and pollution. When you open up the exhaust you usually need a tune to take advantage of the increased airflow.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've owned a few turbo cars, from a turbo b18c1 civic to a 911 turbo, and there are some gains with exhaust mods. But the biggest gains are from bumping up the boost. I don't have high hopes for this truck, even when someone tunes the ecu, still have to wait for the tranny tune.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Why not race in the [emoji631]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk