did ford change the intake IT sensor location on 2018 Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moreda55

Reaction score
Sorry new guy hear and tried to do some searching on the site but I must have not searched correctly so don't blast me..
I bought a Roush intake off another member here to install on my 18 Raptor and everything bolted up aside from the IT Sensor as Roush has it going in closer to the filter and stock the location is closer to the Y portion of the intake tubing whee the pipe splits... needless to say the Sensor wire is about 8 inches too short to go where it needs to.....

Rookie mistake I guess. I figured that when Roush listed it for the 2017 truck it would fit not he 2018 as well. my mistake....

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the roush unit comes with an extension for it. If you bought it used they most likely didn't give it to you with the unit. If you look on roush's website at the CAI it shows the extension in the pic.

OP
OP
M

moreda55

Reaction score
I think the roush unit comes with an extension for it. If you bought it used they most likely didn't give it to you with the unit. If you look on roush's website at the CAI it shows the extension in the pic.

I think that is exactly what I'm missing.... thanks.

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Roush. I too am interested in one of their CAI's and noticed the part number only shows it available for the 15-17. They said that they were different and would have a different part number and should be available for the 18's in a couple of weeks. Who I spoke with did not know what the difference was though. Curious to what the change is?

OP
OP
M

moreda55

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Roush. I too am interested in one of their CAI's and noticed the part number only shows it available for the 15-17. They said that they were different and would have a different part number and should be available for the 18's in a couple of weeks. Who I spoke with did not know what the difference was though. Curious to what the change is?

I talked to them today as well and they told me the same thing... I still order the parts i needed and I'm going to put this one on and see how it goes... but i'll probably pick up the new one when it comes out and they just sell this one.