Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]

Corse X pipe resonator delete

This is a discussion on Corse X pipe resonator delete within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Has anyone run this with the stock muffler setup? Is there a lot of drone? Lets Discuss...

User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2017, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Corse X pipe resonator delete
Has anyone run this with the stock muffler setup? Is there a lot of drone?

Lets Discuss

Old 09-09-2017, 09:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

If it sounds decent, it'll make for a nice budget setup. With dumps*, their muffler and resonator delete are a bit aggressive/raspy in mid range for my liking. Plan to try swapping the OE resonator back in, but have considered trialing the stock muffler and res delete first since it'll be easier to do then... Stay tuned

*Their kit is tuned for use with tailpipes, so noting the dumps now to not sway potential users or flame corsa lovers
jaredq22 likes this.
Sitdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Originally Posted by jaredq22 View Post
Has anyone run this with the stock muffler setup? Is there a lot of drone?

Lets Discuss
Looks like this thread didn't go anyplace... but still interested to hear if anyone has one or got rid of theirs and y
moreda55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

I can speak to this from experience.

In the past I had the resonator delete installed for a couple days with the factory catback and I was surprised by the noticeable increase in interior noise over a completely stock system.

In fact I removed that, re-installed the resonator with the Corsa Sport catback and the interior noise actually went down while exterior noise went up. I like the sport because it is a little louder compared to stock but its not as 'farty' as other more aggressive systems out there (including the Corsa extreme) and the interior noise (with the Sport) is pleasantly quite overall.

Hope this all makes sense and is somewhat helpful.
M3LELENA likes this.
ATRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by ATRaptor View Post
I can speak to this from experience.

In the past I had the resonator delete installed for a couple days with the factory catback and I was surprised by the noticeable increase in interior noise over a completely stock system.

In fact I removed that, re-installed the resonator with the Corsa Sport catback and the interior noise actually went down while exterior noise went up. I like the sport because it is a little louder compared to stock but its not as 'farty' as other more aggressive systems out there (including the Corsa extreme) and the interior noise (with the Sport) is pleasantly quite overall.

Hope this all makes sense and is somewhat helpful.

Good to know. I'm now looking at the Corsa Sport as well.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)

Been running the Corsa Muffler with OE resonator for last 6mo. It is a decent middle ground, but leaning more towards quieter than louder.

My goal is to find something middle ground that leaned more the other direction, just not as extreme as rez delete. Ive since acquired an early borla resonator section, which visually is smaller than the OE resonator to try in its place. Prior to getting this, i bought a pair of bottle style resonators, which i planned to fab in the place of the oe resonator or the corsa delete pipe, but hoping the borla will net me more tone and building the custom pipe (and cutting up a $430 section) wont be necessary.

To the OP and those seeking a budget, stock muffler used kit... Just dumping the stock exhaust will get you more volume. I have a corsa rez delete id sell for anyone looking
Sitdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Anyone with sound clips of the Corsa sport (muffler only)?
chujk1985 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have the full setup from the AFE downpipes with high flow cats, Corsa Xpipe, and Corsa cat back. I can tell you it does have a slight drone (I also have a fully Dynomat interior) and very noticeable when accelerating. I will have some vids in the coming weeks with a go pro on the rear so you can hear it. It is a very aggressive sound outside and with the windows down. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone trying to sneak back into the drive late at night without waking up the entire neighborhood.
M3LELENA likes this.
Bhollier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default corsa delete
Originally Posted by Sitdown View Post
Been running the Corsa Muffler with OE resonator for last 6mo. It is a decent middle ground, but leaning more towards quieter than louder.

My goal is to find something middle ground that leaned more the other direction, just not as extreme as rez delete. Ive since acquired an early borla resonator section, which visually is smaller than the OE resonator to try in its place. Prior to getting this, i bought a pair of bottle style resonators, which i planned to fab in the place of the oe resonator or the corsa delete pipe, but hoping the borla will net me more tone and building the custom pipe (and cutting up a $430 section) wont be necessary.

To the OP and those seeking a budget, stock muffler used kit... Just dumping the stock exhaust will get you more volume. I have a corsa rez delete id sell for anyone looking

Id be interested. Send me a DM on price and location. Thanks

Old 05-10-2018, 12:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Let's discuss - Xpipes suck for turbos.
reaper1441 likes this.
nikhsub1 is offline   Reply With Quote