Corsa extreme drones, per Corsa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep.

According to Corsa... there is drone when you delete the resonator.... or as they put it... "unwanted tones under certain load conditions"

I can't comment on their muffler only option with tips that is mounted with the resonator in place because Corsa doesn't say much about it, but I'm guessing it's less likely to drone.

The more I see and the more I read.... the more I'm convinced that without a resonator your truck will drone.

I'll let you all know about the FOMOCO soon.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that's disappointing. I think the Ford system is the best in reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep.

According to Corsa... there is drone when you delete the resonator.... or as they put it... "unwanted tones under certain load conditions"

I can't comment on their muffler only option with tips that is mounted with the resonator in place because Corsa doesn't say much about it, but I'm guessing it's less likely to drone.

The more I see and the more I read.... the more I'm convinced that without a resonator your truck will drone.

I'll let you all know about the FOMOCO soon.

Can anyone with Corsa confirm that .

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least they were honest...

It's more honorable to be upfront with customers.

I know many think Corsa is the holy grail of exhausts, and they have a great reputation. They are preserving that reputation by being truthful.

If you don't want to drone... Evidence thus far says you need a resonator.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least they were honest...

It's more honorable to be upfront with customers.

I know many think Corsa is the holy grail of exhausts, and they have a great reputation. They are preserving that reputation by being truthful.

If you don't want to drone... Evidence thus far says you need a resonator.

Are the FP exhausts the only ones with a resonator?

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the FP exhausts the only ones with a resonator?

As a complete system yes.

However, Corsa has their sport version which utilizes the stock resonator. I am assuming that this system probably is tuned to work with the stock resonator and while I can't confirm it... I would assume it doesn't drone or would drone very little.

But what's the point? If you are using the stock resonator you probably are going to perform as you would with a stock exhaust with the Corsa sport edition.

I don't know because I don't have it installed.... but the FOMOCO exhaust by borla is probably the best overall option if you don't like raspy exhaust notes or drone. This, however, doesn't make the other exhausts bad... they're just different and you need to know what you're going to get.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a complete system yes.

However, Corsa has their sport version which utilizes the stock resonator. I am assuming that this system probably is tuned to work with the stock resonator and while I can't confirm it... I would assume it doesn't drone or would drone very little.

But what's the point? If you are using the stock resonator you probably are going to perform as you would with a stock exhaust with the Corsa sport edition.

I don't know because I don't have it installed.... but the FOMOCO exhaust by borla is probably the best overall option if you don't like raspy exhaust notes or drone. This, however, doesn't make the other exhausts bad... they're just different and you need to know what you're going to get.

I've been saying this for awhile. The same engineers who made our stock drone free system
Made the FOMOCO exhaust. I am going with the sport version with black tips. I will be carted downpipes as well. They designed it for no drone hence the resonator and valve inside the muffler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was planing on Kooks downpipes with Corsa extreme but now might have to stick with sport version.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was planing on Kooks downpipes with Corsa extreme but now might have to stick with sport version.

Mac,

Realize though then you are limited by the stock resonator and the stock resonator flow. If you go with the FOMOCO exhaust you'll get a free flow open resonator.