CORSA EXTREME or BORLA ATAK in Vegas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

kingrichards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will definitely hear the exhaust while accelerating. When cruising around at 65 MPH, it is audible, but faint. If you get up to 75 or 80 MPH, there is definitely a constant noise, but it isn't that bad and you eventually don't even notice it. My wife isn't into loud exhausts and she never complains, so that says something. If you decide to get on it, then things get realllllly loud!!!!

I assume you’re in Ohio?

AKLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally i am leaning toward Corsa Extreme for sure...however did saw a video on YouTube with a young guy was talking in the video that it might be loud even while cruising,,i believe we called that “Drone”?

Just fyi i completely accept that it’s not going to be a v8 going in so not a big deal if it still sound like v6 I am actually interested in that cool Turbine/Turbo sound and so far on You tube the Corsa Extreme sounded better than Borla Atak,,,wish i can hear both in person,,Are you in Vegas?

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

What does DP stand for?

Downpipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally i am leaning toward Corsa Extreme for sure...however did saw a video on YouTube with a young guy was talking in the video that it might be loud even while cruising,,i believe we called that “Drone”?

Just fyi i completely accept that it’s not going to be a v8 going in so not a big deal if it still sound like v6 I am actually interested in that cool Turbine/Turbo sound and so far on You tube the Corsa Extreme sounded better than Borla Atak,,,wish i can hear both in person,,Are you in Vegas?

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

What does DP stand for?

I think that was my video you saw on youtube; yes you are correct in there being some audible noise under slightly higher loads (towing, or even accelerating in same gear at higher speeds)...but it is most definitely not drone. What is commonly referred to as drone, is where the pressure waves of the exhaust (exhaust sound) produce resonance in various parts of the truck (exhaust piping and mounts are the most common). The components will vibrate at their harmonic frequencies and cause constructive interference, which is amplified and can become very annoying to the passengers.

CORSA addresses this problem by installing Helmholtz resonators in their exhaust systems, which are the correct length to cancel out these resonances; hence their "No Drone" guarantee. Many forum members who are running CORSA systems (including myself) can attest to there being no drone. I can put you in contact with a CORSA employee to answer any questions you may have, if you're interested.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
K

kingrichards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that was my video you saw on youtube; yes you are correct in there being some audible noise under slightly higher loads (towing, or even accelerating in same gear at higher speeds)...but it is most definitely not drone. What is commonly referred to as drone, is where the pressure waves of the exhaust (exhaust sound) produce resonance in various parts of the truck (exhaust piping and mounts are the most common). The components will vibrate at their harmonic frequencies and cause constructive interference, which is amplified and can become very annoying to the passengers.

CORSA addresses this problem by installing Helmholtz resonators in their exhaust systems, which are the correct length to cancel out these resonances; hence their "No Drone" guarantee. Many forum members who are running CORSA systems (including myself) can attest to there being no drone. I can put you in contact with a CORSA employee to answer any questions you may have, if you're interested.

Hope that helps.

I am EXTREMELY interested just wondering if anyone is nearby with the EXTREME System that i can hear?

Nothing is better than hearing it in person,,,I am in Las Vegas.

PyroRaptor413

Reaction score
Hello anyone have CORSA EXTREME or BORLA ATAK in Vegas?

I really can’t tell in the video rather just hear it in person. Maybe I can pay someone 20 bucks just so I can hear it in person if you’re in or near Las Vegas?

CORSA is for Chevys...BORLA is for Fords.

OP
OP
K

kingrichards

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe rogue racing has a Borla exhaust installed in a shop truck in henderson. Not sure if its an Atak.

I was there today heard it didn’t sound that good at all really.

It sounded almost the same like stock perhaps a bit louder but nothing special at all,,my heart still leaning toward CORSA EXTREME. However be nice to hear the BORLA ATAK as well,,anyone in Vegas i can hear?