Chipwerke for 2017 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Delete plug??

Yes, the unit comes with a bypass plug that you plug into the wiring harness in place of the chipwerke. This effectively removes the chipwerke and runs the truck as stock.

Things I noticed to add to the above.

1. There is less power with chipwerke off. I'm certain of that. It does add power. Enough to feel just in a morning commute without much spirited driving (foggy day)

2. Last night, before disabling the chipwerke, I set the cruise at 85mph in Normal. The turbo gauge showed consistent surging between the T and the U letters in turbo. You could feel it, but barely. The mph was steady but you could feel the truck surging ever so slightly, but not enough to notice an mph change. This morning with the chipwerke disabled I did the same thing. 85mph cruise control. The turbo gauge was always below T and barely if ever surged. You could not feel any engine or truck surging at all. The gauge is not perfect but it was enough to see that the turbos were making very close to the same amount of boost (almost none.)

I don't know if this is expected behavior.

Last edited:

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the unit comes with a bypass plug that you plug into the wiring harness in place of the chipwerke. This effectively removes the chipwerke and runs the truck as stock.

Things I noticed to add to the above.

1. There is less power with chipwerke off. I'm certain of that. It does add power. Enough to feel just in a morning commute without much spirited driving (foggy day)

2. Last night, before disabling the chipwerke, I set the cruise at 85mph in Normal. The turbo gauge showed consistent surging between the T and the U letters in turbo. You could feel it, but barely. The mph was steady but you could feel the truck surging ever so slightly, but not enough to notice an mph change. This morning with the chipwerke disabled I did the same thing. 85mph cruise control. The turbo gauge was always below T and barely if ever surged. You could not feel any engine or truck surging at all. The gauge is not perfect but it was enough to see that the turbos were making very close to the same amount of boost (almost none.)

I don't know if this is expected behavior.

Sounds like your Chip no Werke-y to me

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
well, if you’re fooling the computer into thinking there’s less boost than there actually is, doesn’t it make sense boost comes on under more regular circumstances?

FWIW, I see this only with a pedal commander. turn the pc off and in normal mode the truck lazily rides along without boost, struggling up small hills in 10th gear at 42mph. run the pedal commander in city and boost is introduced. run it in sport and the throttle becomes too twitchy, with boost coming in at really small throttle inputs.

one of the reasons that PC is all the rage with the Gen2 folks is how lazy the Raptor’s “Normal” ( eco ) drive mode is.

now, that’s not to say the other reported issues with the chip werke are explainable, just the boost is probably going to be there sooner and more often based on what the product does.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not having any issues you guys mention although I am not running a PC. I think there should be 3 street modes on the Raptor. Eco, Normal and Sport. The EPA probably had a say in the mileage being rated under "normal" mode and mileage does drop of precipitously in other modes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pedal Commander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does have some slight hesitation at certain times. After a few days it has almost completely gone away but still not perfect. Hopefully chipwerke can address the hesitation issue as it's my only complaint.

When do you feel the hesitation? When accelerating, like theres a dead spot in the throttle curve? Or when the truck is shifting?

1. Bogs on Launch intermittently. I have video (which i can send you if you'd like) that shows a 0 mph launch. The RPM at idle drops 500 rpm immediately. During the drop in rpm the boost guage begins climbing which is odd to say the least. After the drop the truck runs normally.

2. Strange feeling shifts. I don't know how else to explain it.

3. Momentary drops in power at full throttle. Sometimes its just one sometimes its a stutter of multiple. This can happen at low speed or even freeway speeds in 2H, 4H, and with TC or Stability Control alltogether on or off. They are varying in length but short. Just annoying. you can tell something has decided to cut power.

4. The most concerning of the symptoms is hearing/feeling the engine bucking usually in tandem with #3 above.

Yes, please sent me video. Email to [email protected], or if the file is too big, I can take a Google Drive link, or YouTube link.

When you say shifting is strange - does it shift rough/hard? Is it delayed, like it feels like its hesitating to shift?

The drops in power at WOT, does it feel like fuel cut? Hard stuttering/bucking/breaking up?

All this info is very helpful, thank you guys!!

Jmorris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hesitation is anytime you stab the throttle. It will accel then studder for a moment then cleans up and goes. If you roll into the throttle it does not do it. The strange shifts aren't under hard accel but more slightly aggressive driving in normal mode.

When do you feel the hesitation? When accelerating, like theres a dead spot in the throttle curve? Or when the truck is shifting?

Yes, please sent me video. Email to [email protected], or if the file is too big, I can take a Google Drive link, or YouTube link.

When you say shifting is strange - does it shift rough/hard? Is it delayed, like it feels like its hesitating to shift?

The drops in power at WOT, does it feel like fuel cut? Hard stuttering/bucking/breaking up?

All this info is very helpful, thank you guys!!

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When do you feel the hesitation? When accelerating, like theres a dead spot in the throttle curve? Or when the truck is shifting? Its in various places, at the beginning of the gear, in the middle, and sometimes at the end. When its at the end it also gets stuttering and bucking you mention below.

Yes, please sent me video. Email to [email protected], or if the file is too big, I can take a Google Drive link, or YouTube link. - google drive link sent

When you say shifting is strange - does it shift rough/hard? Is it delayed, like it feels like its hesitating to shift? it shifts differently, i don't know how to explain it really. sometimes its a lot rougher of a shift and the timing seems weird, not necessarily too long into the rpm, just wrong.

The drops in power at WOT, does it feel like fuel cut? Hard stuttering/bucking/breaking up? fuel cut, sometimes significant as if you hit the brakes for half a second.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ozZ6AgBxx2f3GF5aE8CsWYxBr2Ivld1Y

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

I just watched the video big screen. When I punched it, the truck shifted from 6th to 7th and then to 4th. That explains the drop in RPM but not the why. Why would mashing the throttle shift up?

Pedal Commander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the ability to data log? I'd really like to see AFRs, boost, timing, etc while driving to see what may be causing this.

In the mean time, I'm going to try and get my hands on a new Raptor.