GEN 2 Catch can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which side is preferred, or better for both sides.

This is why I am looking hard at the RX Catch Can.
It works both sides.
Great video to watch on the RX Catch Can

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v6h_FOzFMcs

FORD RAPTOR CATCH CAN, TEAM RXP CATCH CAN, FORD RAPTOR | RX CATCH CAN DEVELOPERS AND MANUFACTURERS

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Which side is preferred, or better for both sides.

This is why I am looking hard at the RX Catch Can.
It works both sides.
Great video to watch on the RX Catch Can

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v6h_FOzFMcs

FORD RAPTOR CATCH CAN, TEAM RXP CATCH CAN, FORD RAPTOR | RX CATCH CAN DEVELOPERS AND MANUFACTURERS

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want to chime in and say i changed my intercooler on sunday and found zero oil. I am skeptical on the need of a catch can. The engine cover is way too sexy to permanently delete. However i will say full race makes top end products and i doubt they wouldnt help you if the catch can was throwin codes. In fairness i dont own the FR catch can. I do however have FR air intake , body spacer , intercooler and they are in my opinion the best aftermarket parts you can buy. I just dont see the catch can need ...yet 12k miles

I am running the FR catch can. (Truckzor's brother here) My installers spoke with FR tech when it was installed last winter. I have contacted FR tech myself twice since then. I concur that FR makes great stuff, and their catch can is no different. It's a work of art. The CEL is the only issue I have with it. FR is 100% aware of the problem, but they do not have a solution.

I think the issue here is that FR designed the can for earlier trucks (15+). Then beginning with '17 Ford added a PCV vacuum sensor of some sort that was never there before. Boom! CEL and no way to fix it unless you have a custom tuner ignore the CEL code.

I am going to be researching FRF to look for other threads on this subject. I'll probably start my own thread as a last ditch effort before I am forced to remove the can. I am running Whipple Stage 1, and have no immediate plans for a custom tune. I do not like the idea of a constant CEL possibly delaying my recognition of a different and more urgent problem.