In California, what can I even do to my truck? :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaliMagnetic

Reaction score
I already ordered the Borla ATAK, so that will be my first mod. But beyond that, it looks like downpipe, intake are off limits.

Turbo Adapters a possibility? Anyone else in CA modding their raptor?

Thanks in advance

darkneo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Borla S exhaust and the Roush intake. You can run downpipes with cats or without as long as they don't throw a code. The smog check now consists of just plugging the computer into the truck and that's it. They don't do the sniffer test anymore. They might do a visual inspection under the hood, so it helps to keep the stock intake just to change it out.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
^ They do a visual check for cats.

It depends on the county but some counties only require a smog when you sell it. Some are every three yrs. some every year.

OP you can probably find a CAL CARB certified intake. Then just do intake, catback and a tune and that's how you roll in cali

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was about to say... use it to tow a trailer full of your stuff to another state.

Seriously, though, all smartassery aside, California is just a tough place to live if you have a car/truck hobby that goes beyond aesthetic and/or suspension/brake mods.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Borla S exhaust and the Roush intake. You can run downpipes with cats or without as long as they don't throw a code. The smog check now consists of just plugging the computer into the truck and that's it. They don't do the sniffer test anymore. They might do a visual inspection under the hood, so it helps to keep the stock intake just to change it out.

Are you sure? Just did a smog recently and they put it on rollers, sniffer, visual, the full thing.