CAI or drop in filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theOracle13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is quoted direct from the seller:
•Brand New
•Roush Part # 421981
•Fits 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor 3.5L High Output Ecoboost
•In Stock Ready to Ship!!
•The most highly-engineered Cold Air Intake kit on the market!
• Increased air inlet and air box sizing to allow for maximum airflow
• Provides additional induction noise and aggressive performance sound
• CAD-designed for optimized hood sealing to keep out heat and gain maximum performance
• High-flow, high-capacity, washable, and reusable performance air filter (Does NOT require oiling)
• Excellent filtration properties
• No PCM re-calibration required - works perfectly with stock calibration
• Does not void factory warranty
• Utilizes EPDM rubber couplers for proper fitment under engine load, rocking, and twisting
• Complete system from air inlet to throttle body
• Easy installation - no vehicle modifications required
• Includes all necessary hardware and instructions
• Installation instructions can also be found here
•Note: Not approved for sale in the state of California or states that require California E.O. #

And here it is installed... I'd say it's a go.

I saw that online but the part number is for the 2015-16 3.5 eco.

I heard back from Roush today and they said it is NOT compatible with the Raptor. They asked for the vendor links I saw online trying to sell Raptor intakes. According to Roush their new Raptor intake won't be reased for a couple more months

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I saw that online but the part number is for the 2015-16 3.5 eco.

I heard back from Roush today and they said it is NOT compatible with the Raptor. They asked for the vendor links I saw online trying to sell Raptor intakes. According to Roush their new Raptor intake won't be reased for a couple more months

Man that means they're even photo shopping the engine bay. I was actually a little skeptical since the airbox said Raptor "SVT" on it. But with all the bold print I figured it had to work. Crazy how some of these companies work.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with S&B CAI. I liked their research and looks of their system. I was the first test mule to see if the their system works for the 2017 Raptor. While looking good, there is still one issue they are trying to resolve to get proper fit. This installation required a bit of a workaround on my part. I am pleased with their response and interaction. Hopefully solution will come soon.

Attachments

• WP_20170128_18_01_02_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170128_18_01_02_Pro.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 174
  • WP_20170125_02_56_50_Rich.jpg
    WP_20170125_02_56_50_Rich.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 185

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with S&B CAI. I liked their research and looks of their system. I was the first test mule to see if the their system works for the 2017 Raptor. While looking good, there is still one issue they are trying to resolve to get proper fit. This installation required a bit of a workaround on my part. I am pleased with their response and interaction. Hopefully solution will come soon.

That looks great! I just think they need to put their name on it in a few more places! ;)

How does it sound?

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was more into it for performance and the subsequent tune than the sound. However, upon saying that, the combined sound has grown on me. Not sure how to write about a CAI sound. It's kind of like running a delta water faucet all the way open, but muted. That sound and the turbos together makes the engine harmonics sound almost futuristic.

Re: Logo. Yeap, and there is a sticker or two in the package. Sure that can add to the branding:)

So the funny part is I got the CAI for performance with sound just an extra icing on the cake and I got the Gibson for sound with performance being extra icing on the cake. Oh the dichotomy of decisions..

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was more into it for performance and the subsequent tune than the sound. However, upon saying that, the combined sound has grown on me. Not sure how to write about a CAI sound. It's kind of like running a delta water faucet all the way open, but muted. That sound and the turbos together makes the engine harmonics sound almost futuristic.

Re: Logo. Yeap, and there is a sticker or two in the package. Sure that can add to the branding:)

So the funny part is I got the CAI for performance with sound just an extra icing on the cake and I got the Gibson for sound with performance being extra icing on the cake. Oh the dichotomy of decisions..

Very nice man! Looks great and I can't wait till they start producing them for sale.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score

When do we get videos and sound clips?! You big tease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvm5bgkh4xI

This is without the muffler. I was a little hesitant about installing it after hearing the Craven example. But did go to the local muffler shop last weekend, technician had left early. I'll retry soon.

Attachments

• WP_20170202_19_37_28_Rich.jpg
    WP_20170202_19_37_28_Rich.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvm5bgkh4xI

This is without the muffler. I was a little hesitant about installing it after hearing the Craven example. But did go to the local muffler shop last weekend, technician had left early. I'll retry soon.

Sounds badass thanks for sharing. Love how clean that intake looks in the engine bay. I'm interested in dropping one for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir