CAI or drop in filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never been a fan of oiled filters. You have to account for drying time after cleaning and there is a tendency to over oil and risk damage to sensors.

I personally like AFE dryflow. If they offer a drop in like I have for my Duramax, I would buy it.

Attachments

• F96627563.jpg
    F96627563.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 103

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oilable filters are awesome for dusty environments. But yeah, lots of people rush the cleaning process, and over oil. Not good.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With efficiency targets these days and this being a performance truck, I can't imagine Ford left a lot on the table with the OEM setup.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll wait to see how their HP and torque gains compare to AirAid, aFe, K&N and others before choosing who's CAI to go with, but it will likely be one of my first upgrades. Something compatible with a Pre-Filter for those really fun off-road days as well.

Last edited:

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear a lot of bad tunes are out there and Ford did leave some on the table but they also accounted for the idiots putting 87 octane in the tank . A friend has a nicely set up EB but the exhaust and tune did most of the work he says . They have some blow off valves now on the market as well if you want to sound like a ricer.

conflict

Reaction score
I dont think much will be gained by an intake but i'll buy one eventually just to open up the sounds of the turbos and bypassvalve.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Ecoboost f150 people have tested this out and there is no power improvement with a CAI. Get a drop in Green Filter and you will be fine. Fyi - Green Filter has the best flow on the market right now.