CAI advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt6951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome video thanks for sharing! Your setup looks sweet. I just added the Airrad drop in dry filter. Maybe I will take he advice and stick with that. Good point on no matter what product as of right now they all use the factory inlet for airflow of done right.

They all don't, some use the hot engine bay air.. which I think is dumb.

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CAI’s will gain two things. Looks and sound for the most part.
Most all modern performance vehicles have pretty efficient intake systems these days. They’ve learnt a lot from the aftermarket.

Three if you count increased IAT’s when using open bay units. Personally I have two installed and love the look and sound but when data logging I see increased IAT’s with them vs stock as they are air raids open bay style. Even though they have a seal around the air box that should seal to the hood they never seal very well and allow hot engine bay air in.

Now saying all that I’ll be ordering one from livernois as soon as my truck gets here. Why you ask,...I love the look and sound and I’ll take what gain if any I get. Livernois claims a few hp (on gen I platforms) but are in the higher rpm range when tuned.

Last edited:

Jesse@MBRP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

My recommendation after doing exhaust and intake? Don't do exhaust and intake, kinda. Get a drop in filter, and do spd adapters and a downpipe. The stock intake and exhaust flow pretty well from the factory.

I'm curious as to what testing methodology you used to rate the factory flow. I found the factory intake incredibly restrictive in some spots that were easily improved with the aftermarket units I see available.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what testing methodology you used to rate the factory flow. I found the factory intake incredibly restrictive in some spots that were easily improved with the aftermarket units I see available.

Are these DYNO results, or just a visual determination?

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't trust dyno sheets in the aftermarket performance industry anymore, especially tunes and CAI's.

It's easy to post a before Dyno running 87 octane on a heat soaked truck that just was strapped to the dyno... and then put some 91/93 in it after a long cool down and do a nice fresh dyno pull to show the 'after'.

I assure you CAI's on this truck make little to no additional power.