CAI advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the momentum gt dry and it has a insert that goes over a sensor on the turbo intake that is probably preventing the CEL. I havent had any issues with a CEL and install was pretty straightforward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the momentum gt dry and it has a insert that goes over a sensor on the turbo intake that is probably preventing the CEL. I havent had any issues with a CEL and install was pretty straightforward

How much if any gain have you seen? How many miles have you put on the truck with it on? Has it thrown any CEL'S? I only ask because I have been looking at getting the same one you have. Just don't want one if it is going to throw codes all the time. Thanks.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much if any gain have you seen? How many miles have you put on the truck with it on? Has it thrown any CEL'S? I only ask because I have been looking at getting the same one you have. Just don't want one if it is going to throw codes all the time. Thanks.

Put about 1000 mile on it since - not much in terms of noticeable power maybe a bit quicker response but sounds good. No codes yet knock on wood.

PyroRaptor413

Reaction score
That’s why you modify your air box, pre-filter to accept a 3” inch tube running AC from factory dash vents. When I close my vents, I get full cold air forced into the airbox. My Raptor hauls.

17lbraptor

Reaction score
Running the S&B CAI on a 2018 with ZERO issues and great results. $289 MAP anywhere you look and excellent fitment and looks.

GGWMQ6C.jpg

Nice looking setup. I like that it draws air from the factory location. Any noticeable gains mileage etc? Also any added noise? Anyone else running this yet? I'm thinking about ordering it. I just bought an air aid filter than saw this. Thanks.

Matt6951

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My recommendation after doing exhaust and intake? Don't do exhaust and intake, kinda. Get a drop in filter, and do spd adapters and a downpipe. The stock intake and exhaust flow pretty well from the factory.

17lbraptor

Reaction score

My recommendation after doing exhaust and intake? Don't do exhaust and intake, kinda. Get a drop in filter, and do spd adapters and a downpipe. The stock intake and exhaust flow pretty well from the factory.

Awesome video thanks for sharing! Your setup looks sweet. I just added the Airrad drop in dry filter. Maybe I will take he advice and stick with that. Good point on no matter what product as of right now they all use the factory inlet for airflow of done right.