GEN 2 Burger Tuning Stage 1 Piggyback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been testing out the Burger Tuning stage 1 piggyback. Burger Tuning is huge in the BMW market and other markets as well. I have had his Tuning on most of my cars (M3,M5 and M6). We are going to dyno the truck this weekend. This wakes up the truck like crazy.

Here are some details.
This plug and play tuner attaches to two easy to access sensors in the engine bay and works with your factory ECU tuning to remap your boost, timing, and fueling for optimal performance and reduced turbo lag. It features a 64mhz processor allowing sensors to be sampled 800 times per second using dedicated 10 bit digital to analog converters, ensuring smooth and powerful performance.

The default setting is 3psi over stock and boost can be adjusted using a BMS data cable or blue tooth adapter. We've measured stock boost on the Raptor at around 15 psi peak. Raising that to 18psi peak really wakes up this heavy truck! Boost is adjustable using a BMS data cable.

64cf08a3a48e59214db94109b87a7bcd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Bms stage 1 on my bmw and it because its not a complete tune, the car was faster but it was more rough and i got rid of it.

Their more advanced jb4 module though attaches to more sensors, its more $$, but it does a much better job

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have been testing out the Burger Tuning stage 1 piggyback. Burger Tuning is huge in the BMW market and other markets as well. I have had his Tuning on most of my cars (M3,M5 and M6). We are going to dyno the truck this weekend. This wakes up the truck like crazy.

Have you been testing the Burger Tuning stage 1 piggyback on an actual 2017+ F150 Raptor, or just an F150? It looks like this unit is meant to work on both, which leads me to strongly suspect it’s not going to work seamlessly on a Raptor.

Piggyback tuners have been wildly unsuccessful on the Raptor, with almost 100% of users reporting drivability problems.

Boostmax caused a host of issues, as did the Chipwerke which apparently was never even tested on a Raptor.

Maybe the Burg’ is different and or better, or even actually tested on a Raptor. Time will tell.

OP
OP
A

AKLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you been testing the Burger Tuning stage 1 piggyback on an actual 2017+ F150 Raptor, or just an F150? It looks like this unit is meant to work on both, which leads me to strongly suspect it’s not going to work seamlessly on a Raptor.

Piggyback tuners have been wildly unsuccessful on the Raptor, with almost 100% of users reporting drivability problems.

Boostmax caused a host of issues, as did the Chipwerke which apparently was never even tested on a Raptor.

Maybe the Burg’ is different and or better, or even actually tested on a Raptor. Time will tell.

Yes it’s been tested on my raptor. This system connects to the tmap and map sensors. Huge difference from stock. Night and day. My buddy had a Whipple stage 1 and this piggyback is hands down better. We are able to turn up the boost and has tons of user friendly features. This will be the beginning stages of my turbo upgrade

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it’s been tested on my raptor. This system connects to the tmap and map sensors. Huge difference from stock. Night and day. My buddy had a Whipple stage 1 and this piggyback is hands down better. We are able to turn up the boost and has tons of user friendly features. This will be the beginning stages of my turbo upgrade

The piggyback is better than an ECU tune, with transmission programming, an intake - and a new larger intercooler?

Did you eat paint chips as a kid?

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No offense...

But I think we have a ringer.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is a gross mischaracterization. There are other plug in tuners besides boostmax and chipwerke that had no systemic issues

My buddy had a Whipple stage 1 and this piggyback is hands down better.

While there are gains to be had with the plug in, I seriously doubt they are better than any tune.

OP
OP
A

AKLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The piggyback is better than an ECU tune, with transmission programming, an intake - and a new larger intercooler?

Did you eat paint chips as a kid?

Ya pretty much.
Name a tune a that you can change boost settings on the fly? Also a tune that can read codes on the fly...none
Google JB4 you can actually learn. Little bit

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

No offense...

But I think we have a ringer.

Sorry im not jumping on the MPT Train

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya pretty much.
Name a tune a that you can change boost settings on the fly? Also a tune that can read codes on the fly...none
Google JB4 you can actually learn. Little bit

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Sorry im not jumping on the MPT Train

Boost on the fly?

Who gives a "flyin" ****

Read codes on the fly?

Any OBD2 scanner ya ***** :supergay:

Anyone claiming a ****** voltage modifying piggyback cheesy ass plastic box is better then a tune, especially one with an intake and intercooler upgrade is better needs to get their head checked... with a size 12 boot

Oh yah, how does this Booger Stage 1 piggyback modify and improve transmission tuning? That's right, it doesnt. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AKLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boost on the fly?

Who gives a "flyin" ****

Read codes on the fly?

Any OBD2 scanner ya ***** :supergay:

Anyone claiming a ****** voltage modifying piggyback cheesy ass plastic box is better then a tune, especially one with an intake and intercooler upgrade is better needs to get their head checked... with a size 12 boot

So how do you really feel?