GEN 2 Burger Motorsports JB4 tuner install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thelostrican

Reaction score
Yo should post on n54 forums, terry overthere will help you asap, in the past 4 days i have installed 2 one for me, and one for a friend, and so far no issues, i am sorry i cant help.

Good luck

SENDIT

Reaction score
Yo should post on n54 forums, terry overthere will help you asap, in the past 4 days i have installed 2 one for me, and one for a friend, and so far no issues, i am sorry i cant help.

Good luck

Thanks. I figured it out. 90% my fault. Everything is working as advertised now. Worth every penny!

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ill jump on this wagon , We have also installed a bunch of these . They work great alone but when paired with a intake and down pipes you see great gains . We have heard of guys running 91 and mixing in 11 gallons of e85 on map 7 . No numbers from the rollers yet but im sure there is a jump .

lifeline

Reaction score
I have had mine for a while now and was having trouble in the beginning with a wrench icon and limp mode upon start up. It would go away after a couple of starts but randomly appear again on start up only, never while driving. I emailed customer service and they sent me a replacement chip with a different firmware on it which resolved the problem. Zero issues since. I really like the JB4. Install is simple as can be and removal is just as simple if you need to.

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just like practically everything, there are going to be a defective unit / part here or there but hopefully rare. Thanks lifeline! What gas and map you running?

Dane17

Reaction score
Mine just arrived. Haven’t even unboxed it yet.

Are there any guidelines for what Map to use vs fuel octane rating? Does it matter?

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any more reviews out there from owners with the JB4? Thinking about getting it for my 2019 as I don't want to deal with the hassle of a tune again. Also, anyone using the JB4 along with the BMS Pedal Tuner?