Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2]

Burger Motorsports JB4 tuner install

This is a discussion on Burger Motorsports JB4 tuner install within the Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods - 3.5 Liter EcoBoost V6 [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
In case anyone was wondering, the JB4 mobile app for the iPhone costs $27.99....

User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2018, 09:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

In case anyone was wondering, the JB4 mobile app for the iPhone costs $27.99.

AKSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Btw, based on the instructions on Burger Tuning's website versus the pics you posted of your own install, you appear to have installed this backwards. Their website instructions say to install the connector with brown-colored wires to the TMAP sensor at the front of the truck and install the connector with rainbow-colored wires to the MAP sensor at the back of the engine. You did it the opposite way. I have no idea what the ramifications of this are.

Last edited by AKSteve; 06-09-2018 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by AKSteve View Post
Btw, based on the instructions on Burger Tuning's website versus the pics you posted of your own install, you appear to have installed this backwards. Their website instructions say to install the connector with brown-colored wires to the TMAP sensor at the front of the truck and install the connector with rainbow-colored wires to the MAP sensor at the back of the engine. You did it the opposite way. I have no idea what the ramifications of this are.
I explained this in previous posts.
This was a Stg1 beta and upgraded to JB4, so originally it was installed like this, as per instructions. We need to upgrade the firmware and swap the connectors the other way like you mentioned.
halogrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Oh, guess I missed the explanation. When I'm online, I don't bother to read everything and mostly just look at pics and post snarky comments.

I installed my JB4 this afternoon and it really is easy to do. Put a big can of Torco in and topped the truck off with premium gas and then selected Map 7. Runs awesome but I did have a couple of small backfire bangs in Sport mode when I let off the gas and coasted down in speed. Put the truck back in Normal mode and haven't noticed any further problems so far. Still gonna dial it back to Map 5 or less as a precaution.

Last edited by AKSteve; 06-10-2018 at 01:27 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Oh, guess I missed the explanation. When I'm online, I don't bother to read everything and mostly just look at pics and post snarky comments.

I installed my JB4 this afternoon and it really is easy to do. Put a big can of Torco in and topped the truck off with premium gas and then selected Map 7. Runs awesome but I did have a couple of small backfire bangs in Sport mode when I let off the gas and coasted down in speed. Put the truck back in Normal mode and haven't noticed any further problems so far. Still gonna dial it back to Map 5 or less as a precaution.
better log it to make sure you're not detonating or something.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

1) this just massages the MAP signals to trick the computer into increasing boost?
2) what does this cost?
3) this can be easily disconnected and the service dept can't detect any evidence of flashing b/c no flashing occurs ever correct?

Old 06-10-2018, 06:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by eclou View Post
1) this just massages the MAP signals to trick the computer into increasing boost?
2) what does this cost?
3) this can be easily disconnected and the service dept can't detect any evidence of flashing b/c no flashing occurs ever correct?

yes
429 plus shipping
yes!
Old 06-10-2018, 09:21 PM   #18 (permalink)

How do the E20 tunes (Map 7) compare to running E85 or 93 octane?

Last edited by Ocean18; 06-10-2018 at 09:24 PM.
Ocean18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:49 AM   #19 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

This sounds a lot like the Chipwerke mod that a lot of people had problems with previously on our trucks.

Chipwerke for 2017 Ecoboost

The thread starts out with great promise, but then gets worse as more people try it.

TXRaptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:39 AM   #20 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by TXRaptor View Post
This sounds a lot like the Chipwerke mod that a lot of people had problems with previously on our trucks.

Chipwerke for 2017 Ecoboost

The thread starts out with great promise, but then gets worse as more people try it.

JB4/burger tuning has been around for about 10 or so years now, I dont thing its remotely in the same ballpark.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

The truck came in, we updated the firmware and swapped the connectors. Noticeable difference in driveability difference.