Brew City Boost tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cobra281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked to see if there were any relevant threads on this, couldn't find one... Or more like it, stopped after a couple pages... Any hoo, anyone have their tune. Saw an article on MSN about a f150 smoking a hellcat, c5 vette, etc.. It's on YouTube.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked to see if there were any relevant threads on this, couldn't find one... Or more like it, stopped after a couple pages... Any hoo, anyone have their tune. Saw an article on MSN about a f150 smoking a hellcat, c5 vette, etc.. It's on YouTube.

I have a couple of comments.

First... ecoboost trucks running in the 12s is not unheard of and has been done for years.

Second... what's wrong with the competiton??? Since when does a hellcat which puts down over 650 at the wheels stock... not run sub 12??? As is the case with some of those competitors.... even traction aside.... something is up.

Last... just remember... and I'm going to sound like MR Whipple... a tune that is setup with **** injection for a drag strip is NOT the same as what is feasible as a daily driver.

I'm not a buzz killer.... but I am.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Second... what's wrong with the competiton??? Since when does a hellcat which puts down over 650 at the wheels stock... not run sub 12??? As is the case with some of those competitors.... even traction aside.... something is up.

Shills? "Let me get a vid of the truck beating your Hellcat and I'll give you a couple hundo". Should easily be able to make it up in sales of the tunes. Selling canned tunes is like printing money.

More likely it's just a bad driver on street tires who did not react well to the truck leaving them off the line.

Dr.Z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of comments.

First... ecoboost trucks running in the 12s is not unheard of and has been done for years.

Last... just remember... and I'm going to sound like MR Whipple... a tune that is setup with **** injection for a drag strip is NOT the same as what is feasible as a daily driver.

I'm not a buzz killer.... but I am.

Not true about **** only for the track. Granted wasnt straight is was 50/50, but i had an subaru sti running 27psi on pump gas on the street was about 600 horse out of 2.5l. Put over 100,000 miles on that car. If it ran out of the **** it would only give waste gate pressure so was completely safe. Most if not all of the **** injection kits have fail safes.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not true about **** only for the track. Granted wasnt straight is was 50/50, but i had an subaru sti running 27psi on pump gas on the street was about 600 horse out of 2.5l. Put over 100,000 miles on that car. If it ran out of the **** it would only give waste gate pressure so was completely safe. Most if not all of the **** injection kits have fail safes.

I agree but not what I meant. A Subaru go-cart is a different animal than a Raptor in terms of how you drive it and where you drive it. :)

Dr.Z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree but not what I meant. A Subaru go-cart is a different animal than a Raptor in terms of how you drive it and where you drive it. :)

I dont know, ken block did some crazy shit off road with subarus. I still think a properly tuned **** kit would be at home on the road or the dirt. Its only spraying **** when it needs it, the kit i had got its signal from the injector duty cycle. So until you really got in the boost it wasn't spraying. So if you have a few gallon tank it should last the day at least off roading i would think. To each there own. I might put a kit on my truck eventually, we'll see.

wipit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know, ken block did some crazy shit off road with subarus. I still think a properly tuned **** kit would be at home on the road or the dirt. Its only spraying **** when it needs it, the kit i had got its signal from the injector duty cycle. So until you really got in the boost it wasn't spraying. So if you have a few gallon tank it should last the day at least off roading i would think. To each there own. I might put a kit on my truck eventually, we'll see.

My Lightning has a kit and my Raptor will have a kit.