Brake Upgrade Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigzaj

Reaction score
Are there any brake upgrade options that don't run a couple grand? Looking for improved stopping and better (less squishy) pedal feel without spending $3K+ on full brake kit.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Different pads, SS lines and good brake fluid will help, but any BBK kits for these trucks are at least $4k...

5150SvtRaptor

Reaction score
Try drilledrotors.com for @ 450$ drilled and slotted, choice of colored rotors ft and rear with ceramic pads. I have used them on my last 3 SVT vehicles ( two track 1 street) heavy use with good results. Switch out all rubber whip hoses with stainless ones and good to go.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try drilledrotors.com for @ 450$ drilled and slotted, choice of colored rotors ft and rear with ceramic pads. I have used them on my last 3 SVT vehicles ( two track 1 street) heavy use with good results. Switch out all rubber whip hoses with stainless ones and good to go.

Drilled rotors are shit, stick with stock until they are worn and need replacing. If anything slotted are OK.

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Are there any brake upgrade options that don't run a couple grand? Looking for improved stopping and better (less squishy) pedal feel without spending $3K+ on full brake kit.

We offer the R1 Concepts Carbon Rotors in either Drilled/Slotted or Slotted only with the Posi Quiet ceramic brake pads as a package deal. PM me for a price now with a FRF discount or in about 3 weeks, I will be having them on sale for TRR next month. We sell the Crown Performance SS brake lines to go with them as an option.

https://www.freedommotorsportsraptorstore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1126_1128_1370

OP
OP
B

bigzaj

Reaction score
What is the benefit of upgraded rotors other than better heat dissipation? Seems like pads, hoses and fluid would be more beneficial short of jumping to upgraded calipers?

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the benefit of upgraded rotors other than better heat dissipation? Seems like pads, hoses and fluid would be more beneficial short of jumping to upgraded calipers?

The upgraded drilled and slotted rotors vent heat and gasses away from the pads to help eliminate brake fade in times when the pads get hot. It makes a huge difference in emergency braking situations both on and offroad.

Imagine if you will, you are traveling at 80mph on the highway and that annoying prius pulls out in the lane in front of you doing 60mph and or also hits the brakes in front of you. You have no choice to lay down on the brakes. With the stock brakes, you will more than likely wind up turning the wheel to avoid a collision, but with the upgraded package as a whole, you will be able to stop much better and be safer when avoiding situations like that.

dd07

Full Access Member
Reaction score

A lot if not most of the people here like "good looks" of their truck(s).
I may continue, but it's boring.